To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pflugerville, TX 78660
- Volt Workforce Solutions
- Phone: 512/362-6157
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Volt • Pflugerville, TX
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Volt Workforce Solutions is supporting a client who was established in 1970 in Denmark. Their vision is to go beyond playground products and offer play and exercise solutions. Solutions for play and activity that offer fun while developing physical, social, and learning skills for people all over the world. Solutions that stand out in making people of all ages and abilities happier and healthier, making and keeping them physically active, and enabling them to learn and play together.
This team is a dynamic group of professionals who create innovative and imaginative playgrounds and outdoor fitness areas for all ages. Unlike the playgrounds that you may have grown up with, these playgrounds and outdoor fitness areas are the result of decades of research. Research about how children play and how children develop physically, cognitive, socially, etc. Our outdoor fitness areas are the results of research about exercising and inspired by the newest trends and philosophies in training. Research, form, and functionality all merged with modern Scandinavian design. This company is a world leader in the Play Space industry and are rapidly expanding in the U.S. too. Therefore, we are looking to hire a logistics coordinator for our new Austin office.
Supply our customers with Play and Sport &Fitness products, by local US production facilities and from manufacturing factories in Europe and 3rd Party Suppliers in Asia. Products are shipped by Ocean/Air & UPS to warehouse or direct to customers by Internal and External Distribution Terminals. Subsequently, the US logistics coordinator is responsible for Supply Chain flow of our products. The logistics coordinator is responsible for just-in-time transport from the Distribution Terminal to the sites all over the US, Canada, and Mexico. Hereunder arranging transport, tracking shipments in transit, custom clearance into US. Price negotiations, KPI and stock monitoring. Therefore, the key responsibilities as a logistics coordinator include:
- Book transportation from the hub to the sites across the US, Canada and Mexico
- Arranging customs clearance for import to US.
- JIT logistic management incl. reporting and informing field project managers / office assistants / project coordinators / Management
- Stock keeping of quick supply goods stock at internal or external warehouses and HUB facilities
- Track & Trace good that is lost in transit and report goods damaged
- Secure that we are invoiced in accordance to what has been carried out
- Make local agreement about local carriers and secure that the company is constantly using the most effective form of local storage and freight
- Assist in the freight charges calculations on project at the bid and pricing phase of the project
- Prepare monthly reports outlining quick supply inventory, shipment status, freight damage reports and other logistic reports required to ensure prompt delivery of equipment to project sites and sales inventory
- Assume the responsibility for the internal and external customer service of the Logistics Department.
Here is a more concrete list of what we are looking for:
- Minimum three years of experience in logistics from freight or logistic positions
- General knowledge of Transport (Air & Ocean, Road-Truck, Express)
- Proficient with ERP/MRP systems and EDI / Track & Trace
- Organized, structured, methodical, accountable, and self-propelled
- Forward thinking, logical and metrics-driven, a problem solver
- A Customer Service oriented team player with good verbal and written communication skills
- With the ability to have fun in a sometimes stressful environment
- Negotiation skills
What is in it for you?
Company offers industry competitive salaries with excellent health, vision, and dental plans. 401(k) matching. A newly established office in Pflugerville, Texas, that will grow to be our new assembly plant for the Americas. Our aim is to recruit you to the role and then provide the culture and career path to keep you here. We provide training, mentoring, and plenty of time to get your mind around the role. Our culture is focused on achieving business goals through teamwork while maintaining a sustainable work/life balance.