To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anchorage, AK 99508
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Medical Assistant
Elwood Staffing • Anchorage, AK
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments, ensures cleanliness
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Takes patient histories and vital signs Assists with patient EKGs and treadmill tests
- Gives injections and performs blood draws/finger stick
- Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments
- Screens telephone calls for referral to nurse or physician
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments
- Prepares patients for interogation of pacemaker
- Maintains drug closets, disposes of expired medications
- Assists with maintenance of patient files, records and other information
- Faxes reports to referring clinics and logs incoming and outgoing reports
- Attends clinical staff meetings
- Participates in in-service meetings, professional development and committees as requested
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Cross-trains to assist with Holter/Event monitors, Coumadin Clinic, call backs, filing and billing slips
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task;
- perform tasks within time frames assigned
- Demonstrate schedule flexibility; adjust to shifting priorities;
- stay organized in a changing environment;
- stay focused during stressful or difficult situations;
- exhibit comfort with ambiguity
Qualifications for Medical assistant
- Minimum - Graduate from an accredited program for Medical Assistants Experience Preferred Cardiology experience preferred
- Minimum - One-year CMA experience
- Alternative to Minimal Qualifications - Appropriate education and 3 years of experience may be substituted for education requirement
- Current CMA
- Current CPR
- Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment
- Applicant will be subject to a background check
- *A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire
We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and the nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & we celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.
Health, dental and vision insurance offered + HOLIDAY PAY! Come Visit Us! Walk-Ins Welcome! Email Us! Call Us! or Text Us!