To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Analyst I, Data Science
Health Services Advisory Group, Inc. • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare?
Are you interested in exploring a rapidly expanding universe of clinical data?
Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone?
Are you fascinated by the growing field of data science?
Then join the new Data Science & Advanced Analytics team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!
HSAG has been a pioneer in the field of healthcare quality improvement for over three decades, serving approximately:
- 25 percent of the nation’s Medicare population
- 46 percent of the nation’s Medicaid population
- 20 percent of the nation’s dialysis population
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of data analysis, measure development, and patient satisfaction surveys. We are in search of talented individuals that are interested in a career in analytics as an Analyst in HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
The Analyst also benefits from HSAG’s desire to grow its staff into the future leaders of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. New HSAG analysts are provided formal training in statistics, clinical epidemiology, SAS, healthcare data, and an assortment of healthcare-related topics.
- A comfortable work-life balance, including half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 13 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday just to get a “jump start” on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package which includes, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan.
The Analyst is a key contributor to cutting edge analytic work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at HSAG. Driven by intellectual curiosity and a passion for healthcare quality, the Analyst develops and executes innovative analytic plans that are intended to provide healthcare decision and policy makers with the necessary information to transform healthcare. The Analyst will also assist in designing a wide array of analytic studies and participate in all phases of the research design process. The Analyst will have at his or her fingertips a wide array of data types to facilitate data exploration, including:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims
- electronic health record
Details regarding potential project assignments will be discussed with potential candidates during the interview process.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an integral part of HSAG Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Understand primary types of healthcare data and methods for approaching data assessments.
- Evaluate a wide array of data types.
- Conduct and interpret analyses, develop appropriate statistical models, manipulate complex databases, and track and evaluate patterns of care and outcomes.
- Perform data validation, conduct analysis plans, and cross reference data.
- Attend and participates in team training meetings.
- Present and communicate project results to non-analytic staff members and customers.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.