The Interstate Family of Companies encompasses a worldwide group of transportation, warehousing, relocation, management, logistics and real estate solutions serving government, corporate, and individual clients. The Company maintains its headquarters in Springfield, VA.
This is an opportunity open to CDL Class A and B Drivers and to Non-CDL CMV drivers.
Interstate is currently searching for Mover/Drivers for our locations:
Dulles, Virginia ● Springfield, Virginia ● Landover, Maryland
Drives a vehicle in a safe and efficient manner from warehouse to job site where he/she acts as a crew leader in the loading and unloading of household goods, office furniture or other goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs pre-trip inspection of the truck assigned for noted damages, flat or worn tires, and travel worthiness.
• Assists in the preparation of vehicle before leaving warehouse to assure that all materials are placed on vehicle and that any defects are noted and all fluid levels are checked and maintained.
• Drives the vehicles as required, from the warehouse to the job site.
• Possesses the ability to properly and safely lift, pack, load and unload the vehicle as required.
• Writes complete and accurate inventory of household contents, office goods or furniture when required.
• Provides leadership, guidance and organization to the crew so assigned work can be completed in an efficient manner compliant with company standards.
• Assists when necessary, with the proper and timely completion of warehouse work.
• Language Skills – Must be able to speak and understand English. Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
• Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
• Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Mathematical Skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
• Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interstate offers the following benefits:
• Competitive pay
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Company paid life insurance
• Health and dental insurance
• Supplemental insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Plus more!