Our Building Services group in Central New York is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to participate in the design and development of HVAC systems for various municipal buildings and facilities. This is the chance to utilize your technical abilities to build creative solutions for our clients.
This position will temporarily be out of our Cazenovia, NY office as we will be moving to our new office location in East Syracuse, NY during the Winter/Spring of 2020.
Our Central NY office is made up of over 100 dynamic professionals who collaborate across a diverse range of engineering, environmental and construction projects. You will find a supportive culture that inspires camaraderie and community involvement. In addition to a strong reputation for outstanding work and client service, GHD has a positive work environment that adopts our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
Specific responsibilities of this role will include
- Completion of engineering tasks from concept design through construction closeout including development of construction drawings, specifications, calculations and cost estimates
- Development and execution of project plans and specifications
- Work effectively and dedicatedly within multi-discipline project teams
For success in this position, you will have the following skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of HVAC design experience for either public and/or private sector; previous consulting experience highly desired
- Knowledge and understanding of state and national building and energy codes and standards
- Experience working with AutoCAD; Revit is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with HVAC load calculation software is beneficial
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven ability to devise approaches to problem resolution
- Enthusiasm and ability to take ownership of the task involved
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are passionate about this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position will not provide visa sponsorship.