Teledyne LeCroy, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation in 1964, the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. Teledyne LeCroy currently employs over 500 professionals with sales and service locations across the world.
Our Chestnut Ridge, NY headquarters location is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager. This is a true generalist role; this role is involved in all areas of Human Resources – benefits, employee relations, performance management, compensation, recruiting, etc.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Proactively participate in and review/monitor all HR activities related to benefits, compensation, staffing and employee relations - evaluating the effectiveness of current activity and implementing necessary changes.
- Heavily involved in recruiting process. Interview and assist managers with candidate selection. Conduct and analyze exit interviews.
- Source of guidance to employees & managers and liaison to executive team. Provide Executive Management with updates on HR hot topics and provide employee data as requested.
- Assist in the establishment and achievement of company recognition and retention initiatives.
- Participate in and manage employee relations matters, including investigations and other related activities. Ensure employee relations issues are handled promptly, effectively and discreetly.
- Develop solid business relationships with all departments and managers (including remote employees and business units).
- Understand the pulse of the organization and be a source of guidance for our employees.
- Manage HR relationship with other divisions and manage the integration of future acquired companies.
- Understand and communicate benefit programs and drive open enrollment process.
- Organize training as defined by individual department needs and organize corporate training as needed (i.e. harassment, supervisory, performance appraisals)
- Drive the affirmative action program; perform outreach efforts and build community relations to target underutilized areas conforming to EEO regulations.
- Administers annual focal reviews. Ensures performance appraisals are written appropriately and completed in a timely manner. Reviews merit increases with management as necessary. Analyzes merit increases to ensure compliance with corporate budget.
- Oversee and review all immigration/visa documents.
- Forecast and manage department budget.
- Manage direct reports: Senior Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources Coordinator, Recruiter and Receptionist. Travel 2-3 times per quarter to other sites.
- 10+ years solid HR experience – exposure to all areas of Human Resources
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Psychology or similar
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- Experience supporting a 500+ employee organization with multiple locations/remote employees both domestically and internationally.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, management, organizational and computer skills.
- MBA preferred
- HRCI or SHRM HR certification preferred
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email Email blocked - click to apply
or call Phone number blocked - click to apply
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)