We are a Broadcast Television station searching for an exceptional Broadcast IT Technician to join our Engineering Staff.
The Broadcast IT Technician is responsible for the day-to-day hands-on maintenance of the technical infrastructure at WCSH6 in Portland Maine and at WLBZ2 in Bangor. This position is responsible for the integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems and reports to the Technology Manager(TM). The position will support broadcast-centric software and hardware as well as traditional desktop and file and print services. He/she will respond quickly to provide technical support for news, sales, and other content production operations.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems, software, and equipment.
- Maintain, upgrade, and support broadcast Information Technology throughout the stations including the studio and transmitter facilities.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection.
- Support telecommunications systems including business telephone switches, PRI, VOIP, carrier Ethernet, and other telecommunications technology.
- Have experience with or knowledge of Windows 2008-2012 Server, and Active Directory in a complex LAN and WAN computing environment. Support network security, network rights, naming standards, login scripts, and software upgrades.
- Create and maintain wiring documentation, and system configuration documentation.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products.
- Willing to train on IT and Broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment.
- Be available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
- Other duties as directed.
- Must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, and be a self-starter and a team player that is focused on quality customer service for internal customers.
- Work closely with the Technology Manager (TM), Engineering Supervisor, and with corporate IT support. He/She will effectively communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or IT related degree.
- Solid understanding of current computer hardware, network technologies, and Microsoft's Active Directory environment.
- Cisco iOS knowledge or related experience. Cisco Certification a PLUS.
- Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at WCSH- you must complete the online application. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that does not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
(No phone calls please)
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Event Driven Programming
Multi Level Marketing