LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO CALL HOME?
Major Tool & Machine (MTM) takes great pride in our employees and offer competitive pay, benefits, and a temperature-controlled work environment that provides a flexible work/ life balance (optional overtime).
We offer an excellent work/ life balance, including a 4/10 alternative flex schedule and optional overtime. We provide competitive pay, benefits, and a temperature-controlled work environment. We also have an onsite gym and two vocational schools located onsite that provide training opportunities to our employees.
Come work for an employer that can provide you with long term professional growth and advancement opportunities!
Major Tool & Machine is looking for a reliable toolsetter to join our team to work in a custom machining and fabrication shop supporting various markets including Aerospace, Nuclear, Power Generation, and Defense.
Applicants should have the following:
* A positive attitude and be able to work under pressure
* Be a self-starter
* The ability to multi task
* A good work ethic and good attendance
* The ability to communicate well with peers, engineers and supervision
* Receives, stores, sets and issues hand tools, machine tools, dies, materials, and other equipment necessary for the machining operation.
* Inspects, tests, and adjusts new and reworked tools, dies, gauges, jigs, and fixtures, for conformance to specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and hardness, applying knowledge of tool and die design, shop mathematics, and machining and testing procedures, using precision measuring instruments, testing equipment, and hand tools.
* Responsible for setting of tools, organization of tooling and supplies, proper inventory, fulfilling requests for supplies timely, completing data entry of information accurately.
* Knowledge of basic machining principles, ability to read specifications and blueprints.
* Must have excellent memory, ability to learn quickly and work both independently and within a team.
* Must be available to work assigned weekend overtime.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Vocational training in machining preferred.
* Career path can extend to advanced tool technician position or into machinist training with required aptitude and performance.
About Major Tool
Major Tool & Machine (MTM) was founded in 1946, starting with only four employees to support the commercialization of the jet engine following World War II.
Today, MTM is a contract manufacturer in Indianapolis, Indiana with a 600,000 sqft. manufacturing facility, 400+ skilled employees, best-in-industry business and quality systems, and project management expertise.
We provide large complex CNC milling and turning machining, manual and robotic welding, engineering, program management, inspection, and assembly services to our partners in the Power Generation, Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, and Commercial Industries.
Excellent Benefits including: Alternative Flexible Work Schedules, Health, Dental and Vision insurance options, Onsite Health and Wellness Center, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO), 10 paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Voluntary Life for dependents, Educational Assistance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance. We care about the health of our employees and provide a tobacco free facility, onsite fitness center and wellness events.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Major Tool & Machine [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Tool Setter
- Data Entry
- Hardness Tests
- Hardworking And Dedicated