To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rosemont, IL 60018
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Data and Insight Specialist
The NPD Group • Rosemont, IL
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Data and Insight Specialist
NPD’s fast growing Checkout team seeks a data expert to support our Sales team across a variety of market research projects designed to help our clients (a) understand consumers’ category, brand and retailer buying behavior, (b) understand the ecommerce marketplace, (c) track buyers’ behavior over time, and (d) truly understand the health of their brands and categories. Successful candidate will be a data expert who can turn results into strong story telling insights to fuel all sales activities. Will play a critical role both internally and with client and successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead and work across both.
Location Port Washington, NY or Rosemont, IL
- Review RFPs to understand client needs, and identify opportunities and project needs.
- Working with Sales lead, develop compelling case studies and sales pitches, customized to each client’s needs and objectives within RFP.
- Write clear, organized and visually-compelling proposals describing methodologies, solutions and cost quotations to meet client needs and project requirements.
- Not an order taker – know Checkout’s capabilities and client nuances well enough so as to make clear recommendations and decisions as to how to best use the data to enhance sales stories.
- Become expert in NPD’s longitudinal data mining platforms to expertly be able to retrieve and activate data points most suitable for client pitches; Use to illustrate and tell stories to bring Checkout to life for pitches/sales/marketing efforts.
- Describe the benefits and differentiators of Checkout’s longitudinal view into consumer behavior both compellingly and persuasively.
- Write sales content, including quotations, proposals, marketing collateral, case studies, and client presentations aimed at clearly articulating the need for these data and analyses.
- Create and maintain sales and marketing materials and templates including text, charts and graphics.
- Improve sales and marketing content through the incorporation of best practices and case study results.
- Liaison across NPD functions, working to bring in Commercial, Industry experts, Checkout CD as appropriate.
- Attend sales meetings and presentations as needed.
- Ecommerce dashboard demos as needed.
- Must be a love data – must have aptitude, desire and know how to expertly navigate large databases to deliver the most succinct and beautiful insights to drive sales efforts.
- Experience mining data insights and ability connect specific measures/analysis with compelling story telling.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously in a high volume, short turn around environment, while also tracking and monitoring the flow the flow of all documents from inception to submission.
- 2-6 years’ experience mining data and data insights
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and client-service orientation.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects meeting project deadlines.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.