SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. The company employs over 97,000 people and operates a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
One of the business segments, SGS Life Science Services
, is a leading contract research organization (CRO). SGS Life Science Services carries out all aspects of clinical research
for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, from coordination and running of clinical trials via data processing and statistical analysis to report compilation. Clinical research consists of testing new molecules or techniques on human beings. SGS Life Science Services has also expertise in the quality control of pharmaceuticals. Primary Responsibilities
This position is accountable for all aspects of the Fairfield Life Science Services laboratory including financial P&L, operations, revenue generation, and service excellence. Reporting To: Specific Responsibilities
- Accountable for achieving the KPIs and objectives established for you by the VP, U.S. LSS.
- Responsible person to ensure services are performed in accord with federal and local regulations.
- Accountable for the delivery of product test data to achieve Client Satisfaction by maintaining production and specified turnaround targets.
- Monitors production of each department and ensures optimum staff levels/shifts to achieve SGS standards for production, quality and financial performance.
- Reports turnaround times in monthly reports, manages to goal of 100% on time delivery.
- Monitors man-hours and approves overtime accordingly, adding additional stuff where workload and financial performance can support it.
- Monitors and reports weekly projection status (#samples processed/personnel). Maintains production targets and takes proactive measures to sustain these targets.
- Meet with customers to determine opportunities.
- Promote the image, capability and integrity of the company to the clients.
- Achieve and exceed key operational KPIs.
- Maintain high quality standards.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Accountable for Health, Safety and Environment of personnel and the enforcement of all regulations as per the Company Health and Safety Manual, and the immediate reporting of any health, safety or environmental incidents, accidents or concerns to the Manager/Supervisor and H&S department for action.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits and enforces a clean working environment.
- Lead team to a zero recordable and near-miss incident approach.
- Safety is a top priority within SGS. Every employee within the organization has defined HSE Duties and Responsibilities to ensure that the organization meets its objectives of no harm to personnel, damage to equipment, or harm to the environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Job requires mobile use of hands and arms. Must be capable of working at a desk and computer for up to three hours at a time, and for up to eight hours in a given day. Working Conditions
- This job is performed in an indoor temperature controlled environment.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time to time.
Required Qualifications & Skills
• University degree is required with an advanced degree desirable.
• 10+ years of previous supervisory/management experience in a service related environment required.
• Strong leadership skills and experience in the management of technical teams in a service related environment.
• Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Capable of interacting with all levels of management, suppliers and clients.
• Able to coordinate and motivate a team towards a common goal.
• Able to realize business opportunities in conformity to the business strategy.
• Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Products tested include: pharmaceutical and biotechnology finished products, excipients, active pharmaceutical ingredients and medical devices.
- Analytical testing includes USP, EP, and customer methods for analytical, stability and microbiology testing.
- Positions reporting to this position include:
- Fairfield QA Manager
- Fairfield Operations Manager
- Fairfield Office Manager
- Fairfield Technical Client Manager
- Fairfield Safety Officer
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.