Rep Route Service - SpecialtyRep Route Service - Specialty - M-F Summary:
The Specialty RouteService Representative is the face of Quest Diagnostics to the public, ourcustomers and acts as an Ambassador for the company in everything he/she does. Thisposition performs day to day route operations by serving client needs with regardto properly tracking, sorting, storing and transporting patient specimens andother materials including but not limited to supplies and patient results. TheSpecialty RSR will perform many of the same duties and responsibilities as theRSR role; however, will also perform specialty duties with accountabilities asdeemed appropriate by Regional need e.g. perform multiple routes primarily onthe same shift, perform pack and ship duties for flight, etc.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with all processes including and not limited to: timekeeping, attendance and punctuality, vehicle safety and cleanliness, safety and OSHA requirements, handheld /scanning device and usage, proper handling and storage of all samples from the client office to the drop off point, proper packing of specimens for shipment, end of day vehicle checks, dress code, code of conduct and all Company / Regional / Logistics policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the safe and timely transportation of specimens, supplies, reports, equipment and materials to the appropriate destination.
- Responsible for operating company vehicle safely as well as maintaining a valid driver's license and driving record within acceptable company guidelines.
- Ensure route is started with proper equipment tools. i.e., route scanner sync/paper logs, carry bag, properly prepared coolers for 3 separate thermal storage, dry ice, cell phone, keys, door hangers, observation reports, etc.
- Follow route as scheduled/sequenced while allowing for will-call stops and special pickups.
- Maintain specimen integrity at all times, including the utilization of specimen carry bag to transport specimens from client office/lock box to vehicle by temperature.
- Follow all scan/documentation requirements including but not limited to tissue/irreplaceable and frozen tracking processes.
- Place "Door Hanger" for will-call clients with no specimens out. Place "Door Hanger" for Daily clients who regularly provide specimens but none are available at scheduled pick up. The RSR is required to notify Supervisor and/or Team Leader of service issue for a next morning follow up.
- Communicate with Dispatch before leaving an area to ensure will-calls have been cleared.
- Keep route information, sequencing and all client notes up to date.
- Attendance and punctuality in meetings and training sessions.
- Meet all training requirements in a timely manner as assigned.
- Properly care for and maintain company equipment including scanners, telephones, vehicles etc... Communicate any deficiencies with equipment.
- Document and provide appropriate client satisfaction information to Logistics Management.
- Maintain professionalism and a service orientation with clients using Everyday Excellence and the Five (5) Guiding Principles.
- Demonstrate EverydayExcellence in the Quest Behaviors; Agility, Customer Focus, Transparency,United as One Team and Performance Oriented.
Qualifications:Required Work Experience:
- Valid Driver's license with a minimum of 1 year driving experience and documentation of a Motor Vehicle Record with < three moving violation convictions within the previous 36-month period.
- A minimum of 9 months as Quest RSR required.If external candidate, 1-3 years of Logistics specimen handling experience required.
Physical and MentalRequirements:
- 1-3 years as a Quest experience preferred
- Position requires travel
- Extensive use of phone and hand held device (PC)
- Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays, on call and overtime.
- Prolonged standing/sitting/walking/driving
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds; may occasionally need to lift 40 pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with clients, supervisors and peers
- Vision-requires constant mental visual attention to details as well as ability to see well in limited light scenarios
- General computer knowledge and experience with handheld scanner equipment preferred.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of collaboration
- Strong communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
High school diploma/GED strongly preferred, or commensurate work experience required.Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Act with a Sense of Urgency/ Importance
- Service driven
- Drive for Results
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Citizenship.
- Attention To Detail
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service
- Decision Making