Top Workplaces 2022
Part Time Aquatic Technician
Are you looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
SOLitude Lake Management - a proud member of the Rentokil family of companies - provides aquatic management services to lakes, ponds, reservoirs, and wetlands. SOLitude offers a wide variety of services including fishery programs, algae and aquatic weed control, mechanical harvesting/hydro-raking, installation/maintenance of fountains and aeration systems, and water quality testing.
The Part Time Aquatic Technician role offers the ability to work with your manager to customize your schedule, ensuring a career with Rentokil can work with your life! (Typically part time hours are 20-30 hours per week; additional hours may be available if desired.) Be part of an organization that offers a product and service you can be genuinely proud of that offers real life solutions to real world problems.
What do our Aquatic Technicians do?
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Treat for algae, submersed and floating weeds, shoreline weeds, non-desirable buffer vegetation, and any other unwanted vegetation.
- Service fountains, aerators, fisheries, sonic solutions, and all other related equipment maintenance.
- Conduct water sampling when needed for water quality analysis.
- Service customer's ponds and lakes as required to provide superior quality and service in the fulfillment of all company contracts, service orders, and other related customer needs.
- Remove nuisance, invasive vegetation through manual removal efforts (occasionally).
- Work with experienced specialists to gain knowledge regarding all aspects of water body management.
What do you need?
- High school diploma or GED
- Degree in related science preferred
- 0-2 years' experience in an environmental related field
- Ability to obtain all state licenses required to perform the role
- Aptitude in using various hand tools
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices
- Commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to swim
- Ability to trailer and operate aquatic vessels (preferred)
- Knowledge of aquatic vegetation (preferred)
- The work requires strenuous physical exertion and the employee may be required to drive, stand, walk, bend, climb, kneel and crouch for extended periods of time, as well as see, talk, hear and use hands and arms to grasp, handle, reach and feel.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
Why Choose Rentokil?
A career with Rentokil is a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world-class team that rewards high performance and we love to promote from within. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule (weekly in NY & CT) as well as performance incentives for productivity, work order completion, and customer retention.
Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil North America has to offer which includes:
- Professional and Personal Growth
- Multiple avenues to grow your career
- Training and development programs available
- Health and Wellness
- Part Time colleagues qualify for medical plan single coverage following 1 year of employment.
- Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions, holiday savings club, and more
- Work-Life Balance
- Vacation days & sick days
- Company-paid holidays & floating holidays
- A company mindset that prioritizes health, safety, and flexibility
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Want to hear Colleague feedback on what it's like to be on our team? Check us out on Glassdoor! [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Part Time Aquatic Technician
Rentokil North America is a Drug-Free Workplace
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Demand Planning
- Occupational Safety And Health