To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hill Air Force Base, UT 84056
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nuclear Surety Mechanical Engineer Jr-Mid Level
BAE Systems • Hill Air Force Base, UT
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BAE Systems is looking for qualified engineering professionals to join our team for an exciting opportunity supporting sustainment efforts for the Minuteman III (MM III) Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system. The MM III is a 1970s era weapon system and is scheduled to be retained as the United States military's prompt, global strike deterrent system until the early 2030s. To maintain the system, a number of issues associated with obsolescence must be addressed. The Nuclear Surety Aerospace/Mechanical Engineer will be part of an integrated product team providing support to the government customer to conduct an integrated engineering-level assessment of analysis, production, verification, validation, operation, maintenance, and problem resolution processes over the life cycle of the MM III program to identify and mitigate design, production, and test deficiencies. A qualified candidate will:
• Provide nuclear surety support to maintain the nuclear certification of MM III and monitor for compliance with applicable Department of Defense, United States Strategic Command, and Air Force directives, manuals, and instructions.
• Perform engineering and technical analyses, which requires a highly diversified application of engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents.
• Perform professional technical assignments and coordinate work of other engineers in the professional technical analysis, design, or test on one or more complex components or functional systems of products requiring the full use and wide application of established engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents in the field plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Conduct research in areas which require a moderate level of expertise and knowledge in areas of specialization and some related fields.
• Devise new techniques and approaches and provide solutions to a wide range of technical problems by drawing on their own areas of technical specialization and consulting with other engineering specialists for technologies where they do not have in-depth expertise. Make decisions based on available data, selection of materials, and required parameters.
• Assist with minimizing and managing the risk that counterfeit or maliciously altered parts may enter and degrade the MM III system or introduce unknown content
• Review and provide assessments on Nuclear Certification Impact Statements (NCIS); Certification Requirement Plans (CRP); the Program Protection Plan (PPP), Nuclear Safety Analysis Reports (NSAR); Nuclear Surety Evaluation Reports (NSER); Nuclear Surety Briefings, Point Papers, and White Papers; Safety & Nuclear Surety Technical Memoranda; source data for ICBM Technical Orders; and changes to the Master Nuclear Certification List (MNCL), Nuclear Certification Plans (NCP), Engineering Evaluation Reports (EER), and Software Certification Plans (SCP)
• Review ICBM Technical Order change recommendations and Engineering Technical Analysis Requests
• Assist in the development of working group meeting agendas, briefing materials, meeting minutes, and draft answers to action items assigned by other agencies or organizations
• Assist in the completion of assigned action items from ICBM safety mishap investigations when requested by the customer
• Evaluate plans and criteria for technical activities in their specialty and recommend alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations. May lead projects or segments of major projects responsible for achievement of schedule, cost, and technical performance objectives.
• Review and coordinate work with other team members to ensure progress is maintained to achieve specified aims; interpret and direct the preparation of data for reports on technical findings, recommendations, accomplishments, and progress measured against specific plans.
Complete other duties as assigned by their supervisor. Position will be located at Hill AFB, UT. Eligible candidates must be able to obtain at least a Secret U.S. government security clearance.Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
• Maintain knowledge in their area of specialization and a few other related fields, and awareness of developments in related fields.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics from an ABET accredited university with 0-3 years of experience. Applicants with 3+ years experience will be considered for a higher job grade.
- Able to obtain at least a U.S. Government Secret security clearance.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative and an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with ICBMs or other U.S. government weapon systems
- Current U.S. Government SECRET or higher security clearance highly desired
- Experience with nuclear surety and nuclear certification requirements highly desired