IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
In Supplier Services we use big data, advanced analytics and human ingenuity to uncover insights and support our clients driving healthcare forward.
As a data scientist on our team you have the opportunity to work with extremely complex data and methodologies in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment answering critical business questions. Combining modern analytic tools, methodologies, and challenging requests, this crucial role will help mold the way our team approaches analysis and builds data-driven analytics products. You will also have the opportunity to provide mentorship to the team and serve as a key liaison for our team with the client account team.
The IQVIA Advanced Analytics team is one of the leading healthcare analytical teams in the world. We seek highly motivated people who truly want to make a difference in human data science. At IQVIA, we look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do.
Engage with our data supplier partners to develop, deliver and manage advanced analytical projects. The role involves components of:
- Analytic development & innovation
- Insight identification, presentation & communication
- Supplier support & interaction
- Developing, implementing, and validating custom advanced analytics for supplier partners that help answer complex business questions
- Building expertise in cross-platform applications of IQVIA assets with a specialization in encrypted patient-level longitudinal healthcare claims data
- Collaborating with the IQVIA supplier account team to identify and deploy the appropriate data assets, methodologies, and statistical techniques to provide the most valuable insights
- Participates during internal cross-functional meetings of complex scope with other members of the IQVIA team, and provides critical insights
- Proactively managing own project timelines, risks and challenges and works out mitigation alternatives with the team under minimum supervision
- Supporting ongoing research tasks, proposals, ad-hoc requests, and complex data investigations
- Creating and refining best practices and approaches
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s with a minimum of 5 years equivalent experience in Statistics, Data Science, Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science or related field with a strong focus on quantitative analysis
- Experience using statistical programming languages (SQL, Python, SAS) to manipulate data and provide valuable insights
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Spark, etc. (preferred)
- Excellent understanding of handling Big Data along with a drive to learn and master new techniques and technologies
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills and develop innovative approaches s
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical market and experience with encrypted patient-level/longitudinal healthcare claims (preferred)
- Knowledge of data reporting/manipulation and business intelligence tools such as Rapidminer Spotfire, and/or Tableau (nice to have)
- Strong organization skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously while achieving quality standards and meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across teams
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply to arrange for such an accommodation.Job ID: