To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Strategic Occupancy Planner
JLL • San Francisco, CA
Posted 10 days ago
At JLL we are always looking for great talent. The position listed below is for a position we will recruit for in the near future, and is not a current need. If you are a fit for this position, we will contact you as soon as we begin actively recruiting for it.
If you would like to stay up to date on positions at JLL, please join our Talent Network at jll.jobs.net/join
Build a rewarding career at Jones Lang LaSalle
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $58.3 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
• A “best company to work for” in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
• World’s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years.
• America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine.
• #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years.
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Currently, we are seeking an Occupancy Planner to join our team.
To manage the supply, capacity and demand of Client’s portfolio of space in a specific, geographic region.
Deliverable Role / Responsibilities
Within the geography, can answer: how much space is currently available, what are the workplace conditions, and what are bottom-up seat count projections by group? Specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Provides a single point of contact for geography-related planning questions;
- Reports the bottoms-up seat count projections by business unit for a rolling, three-year planning horizon and works with Sr. Occupancy Planner(s) to reconcile discrepancies with tops-down projections; (PFF = Population Forecast Form)
- Tracks and reports projected versus actual seat counts;
- Provides geographic stacking diagrams by location, by building and by floor;
- Reports the current supply and capacity, and forecasts inventory changes for a rolling three-year timeframe;
- Maintains and secures business units’ agreement to geographic stacking plans;
- Develops preliminary program requirements for each department (by building, if necessary);
- Develops migration plans and sequencing of group-level moves / relocations;
- Educates local contacts on planning and space policies/standards, procedures and protocols, and notifies planning manager if they are not being followed;
- Forecasts order of magnitude scopes, schedules and budgets for project moves planned to occur based on stacking plans / strategy;
- Ensures planning is aligned with corporate guidelines, and that all scenarios maximize use of space;
- Recommends and enforces space policies/standards, procedures and protocols;
- Develops, maintains and reports space allocation plans, and if applicable, issues space allocation reports.
- Participates in Audits (including seat assignments, occupancy, vacancy, labs & equipment). Present Audit Data to Senior OP & Leadership.
- Implement/Sell the Mobility Program, including conducting Dark Space Studies, Work style Surveys, iPlan recommendations.
- Measure, Monitor and report cost saving and value added contributions
- Assist in developing site-specific Planning Strategies with Senior Leadership.
Management Role / Responsibilities
In addition to providing the information listed above, the management responsibilities of this role include:
- Compile Quarterly Report Data
- Field Verify Occupancy Planning Data
- Attends kick-off meetings for new real estate acquisitions, major renovation projects and project moves; and
- Facilitates communication between other occupancy planners, planning assistants, CAD administrators, and other Jones Lang LaSalle team members.
Activities / Deliverables
- Assists in Issuing the Quarterly Report: The quarterly report includes: headcount projections, supply and capacity information and the status of major initiatives (a real estate action plan) for the portfolio; monthly space allocation data, group block plans.
- Facilitates and/or resolves issues identified in the weekly planning meeting;
- Attends kick-off meetings for new real estate acquisitions, major renovation projects and project moves;
- Facilitates communication between other occupancy planners, planning assistants, CAD administrators, and other Jones Lang LaSalle team members; and
- Provides performance review input for planning assistants and CAD administrators.
To ensure accurate reporting of information, and foster critical relationships between various individuals and organizations, communication channels will exist with:
- Group-level leaders to collect seat count forecasts, and resolve seat count forecast discrepancies;
- Sr. Occupancy Planner(s) to review and resolve geography-specific forecasts, needs, concerns, and issues;
- Planning assistants and CAD administrators to ensure accuracy of planning database information; and
- Planning assistants and CAD administrators to review and resolve campus/building-specific forecasts, needs, concerns, and issues;
- Project Management / Facility Management to review stacking strategies, and to provide workload forecast related to project moves that are planned to occur based on stacking plans / strategy.
- Collaborate with Project Management, Facility Management and Transactions on all Site Rationalization Efforts
Education / Yrs of Experience
Bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, design or related field with a minimum of three to five years or experience in a corporate environment.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.