WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Mortgage Underwriter. The Underwriter will review applications, financial information and credit bureau data to render credit decisions for residential mortgage loans. The incumbent will use credit-scoring tools to support sound decision making while calculating debt-to-income and loan-to-value ratios as well as analyzing collateral value offered. The incumbent will apply consumer and residential mortgage loan policies in rendering decisions. The incumbent will make decisions in line with applicable state and federal regulatory guidelines. The incumbent will communicate lending decisions to the appropriate branch or sales officer.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm position, located in Wayne, Pennsylvania. Remote work available.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of 2 years of residential mortgage underwriting experience is required.
• Experience in a high volume loan center reviewing a variety of mortgage loan products is required.
• Must have the ability to analyze credit quality and application information, review and interpret financial statements, read and understand the data in both personal and business bureaus.
• Knowledge and experience with industry standard operating systems is required.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with both internal and external customers.
• This position requires independent thinking and will be able to effectively balance the need for growth with prudent lending practices in individual decision-making, coaching and collaborating with our internal customers.
• Must have thorough knowledge of credit and regulatory policy.
• Must be able to work in a deadline driven environment.
• Must be proficient in using Windows and Microsoft Office.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Requirements: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.