Job DescriptionThis position is sign-on bonus eligible! Registered Respiratory Therapists are eligible for a $15,0000 sign-on bonus with a 2-year commitment for full time and some part-time positions. In addition to our robust benefits packages and paid time off, you may be eligible to participate in the Respiratory Clinical Ladder upon employment. Job Summary
Performs all aspects of direct respiratory care according to physician's orders and/or approved protocols. Consults physicians on effectiveness of therapy and makes appropriate recommendations. Provides appropriate ventilator support and maintains and monitors other cardiopulmonary life support equipment. Maintains and properly utilizes respiratory care equipment. Essential Functions
- Demonstrates knowledge in various modes and methods of oxygen delivery and the equipment needed for each and can conduct prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve adequate oxygenation.
- Administers therapeutic procedures, understanding the purpose and benefits, and possible effects associated with each.
- Performs diagnostic procedures as outlined in policy.
- Initiates, monitors and maintains mechanical ventilators and non-invasive ventilators and is aware of the critical care duties and effects of such therapy.
- Independently evaluates current therapies using appropriate judgment and protocols, making proper recommendations concerning plans of care and patient education needs.
- Documents therapy and results as required by hospital, department and regulatory agencies. Communicates information to appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Initiates, conducts and modifies respiratory care techniques in an emergency setting.
- Performs and evaluates blood sampling analysis with a thorough understanding of the values, and the importance and treatment of abnormal results.
- Works independently in all patient care areas and assists co-workers with patient care whenever possible.
- Follows departmental safety guidelines. Completes all regulatory requirements.
- Completes annual proficiency evaluation of respiratory care equipment and procedures.
- Is proficient in the electronic medical records and its interface with the Respiratory Care Department.
Requires repetitive physical activity. Able to walk and stand to perform duties. Ability to lift materials 20-50 pounds. Ability to move patients of all age groups. Adequate hearing and eyesight is necessary. Exposures to working environment that may include odors, low lighting, and crowded working conditions. Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an AMA-approved school of Respiratory Care. Associate's RRT or RRT Equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred. Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the state of North Carolina. Basic Life Support for healthcare providers thru the American Heart Association. Advanced certifications per facility policy/standards. For free-standing Emergency Department, 2 years' critical care experience required.About Us
Atrium Health is one of the nation's leading healthcare organizations, connecting patients with on-demand care, world-class specialists and the region's largest primary care network. A recognized leader in healthcare delivery, quality and innovation, our foundation rests on providing clinically excellent and compassionate care.
We've been serving our community since 1940, when we opened our doors as Charlotte Memorial Hospital. Since then, our network has grown to include more than 40 hospitals and 900 care locations ranging from doctors' offices to behavioral health centers to nursing homes.
Our focus: Delivering the highest quality patient care, supporting medical research and education, and joining with partners outside our walls to keep our community healthy.About the Team
Our Mission Statement, Vision and Values
Our Mission: To improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all.
Our Vision: To be the first and best choice for care.
Our Values: We recognize that employees are our most valuable asset. We have identified four core values we hold in the highest regard: caring, commitment, integrity and teamwork.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care
- Life Support