1545 Pidco Drive Plymouth Indiana 46563-1354
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.Head Estimator/Customer Technical Support position for Signs Structures
Head Estimator/Customer Technical Support position for Signs Structures oversees preparation of quotations, receipt of orders (POs) and communicates customer dates to each department so scheduling of drawing submittals, receipt of approved drawings and fabrication take place to meet customer demands. Success lends to team collaboration, working with the Manufacturing, Shipping, Quality, Engineering, Customer Service, Finance and Human Resources departments.
- Generate and make sure quotations are prepared and sent to customers for bids
- Make sure orders are received and then entered into production
- Serve as liaison between the Customer and the Engineering and Production departments
- Schedule projects based on customers inputs and distribute
- Attend weekly meetings at facility related to the design, engineering and manufacture of sign structures to help aide in on time delivery
- Provide customer service regarding sign orders
- Support S&OP by assisting VP/GM and VP Sales in forecasting spend in sign spaces in US
- Support S&OP by entering and updating estimated material ship dates
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports directly to the General Manager, Signs Structures and has one direct report.
- This role requires up to 5% travel domestically, including overnight stays.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Associates degree, preferred, in computer drafting technology, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with CAD drafting in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to build and maintain cross functional relationships with customers and stakeholders in other internal departments
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an accurate attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to manage work in an environment of changing priorities
- Proficient, hands-on working knowledge of Microsoft software including Excel, Word and Outlook
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Advanced degree beyond Associates degree in computer drafting technology, or related field
- The ability to solve complex problems with high attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines
- A person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Some travel, up to 5% domestically, is required for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
Attention To Detail