GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company offering a wide range of highly focused business solutions including leading-edge security services and cash solutions. In over two decades, our work has taken us from our home base in Montreal to the oil fields of Iraq, and embassies across Africa. We’re also present in financial institutions in the US and airports in Canada. We operate across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, infrastructure, natural resources and retail. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies and governments with people and assets deployed around the world. Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, our 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Africa and the Middle East. In today’s complex world, security has become a vital concern for everyone and is the foundation of our present and future success.
GARDAWORLD a national leading cash services and armored car company, has an immediate opening for Premise Guard at our Oakland Branch. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation’s leading cash services companies.
The position of the Premise Guard is responsible for the surveillance of the building and the safety of all personnel. The incumbent will assist in administrative duties and support the operation as directed by superior/management.
• Maintains surveillance by monitoring cameras and taking routine walks through the facility.
• Greets and directs employees, customers, and vendors. Ensures all non-site employees are logged prior to entering and exiting the facility.
• Conducts inspection of personal belongings or packages being carried into and out of the facility by all employees, customers, and vendors.
• Assists in administrative duties such as handling incoming and outgoing mail and answering the main telephone line.
• Cross-trains in other operational areas as assigned by superior/management.
• Cooperates with other staff members and is an integral part of the team effort.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by superior/management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Position requires incumbent to be 21 years of age or older.
• Must have at least one year of experience in the Security industry.
• Incumbent must meet Company’s hiring criteria.
• This position requires a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma.
• This position requires incumbent to obtain and maintain all required guard and gun permits or licenses on a current basis.
• This position requires an incumbent to obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation physical health certificate on a current basis.
• Incumbent must demonstrate clarity and proficiency in oral and written communication skills. The oral skills must be demonstrable in person and with a radio.
• Incumbent must have a heightened sense of security. Training will be provided.
• This position requires the incumbent to work afternoons till close of business.
• Incumbent may be required to perform the duties of a Driver/Messenger based on operational needs.
GardaWorld offers competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test. Physical exam and other testing may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free workplace.