Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to ten regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Charlotte & Raleigh, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, & Dayton, Ohio; Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
Messer’s reputation for support, commitment, and career growth makes it an attractive place to advance and finish your career!
We are currently seeking a Superintendent with commercial construction experience to join our team in the Nashville regional office. The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise and coordinate field operations driving projects to successful completion through a safe work environment, quality construction, effective LEAN planning & scheduling, cost management, collaboration with project stakeholders, and superior customer service. The candidate must have a demonstrated familiarity with the construction industry and excel in our “point of attack” management approach. The ideal candidate will also possess a desire for growth, long-term thinking, and relationship building skills.
- Support owner, designer, subcontractor & vendor relationships
- Implement & drive our Zero-Injury Safety program
- Understand drawings, specification, and terms/conditions of owner contract and subcontracts
- Deliver built-in quality using our three phase quality control process
- Develop and maintain site logistics
- Drive project schedule including day to day supervision and coordination of construction activities
- Monitor & control costs
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- 5+ years of commercial construction experience
- Advanced training in construction management preferred
- Excellent leadership, organizational, communication, and problem solving skills
- Skilled with technology
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)