Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macy’s Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy’s Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app – you’ll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
The Project Manager is an Agile-savvy and technically-strong Project Manager responsible for development projects. The Project Manager’s primary mission will be to own and manage the planning, execution and delivery.
The Project Manager is part of a team-oriented, technical organization and is an excellent communicator who can partner with producers, developers, operations, QA and project/program and domain management to ensure successful execution of their projects.
- Takes ownership of complex project or multiple projects, overseeing all project related activities and ensuring execution and final delivery of project product.
- Creates the road map for the project, manages the plan, makes changes as necessary and effectively communicates status and issues to the team, the PMO and Domain management.
- Removes blockers efficiently and escalates issues and risks with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Uses existing standards and processes throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Drives the change management processes.
- Facilitates planning, communication, negotiation and self-management within the team.
- Acts as Iteration Manager, managing and administrating the iteration lifecycle, backlog and story cards in VersionOne.
- Ensures that project audit controls and closeout activities are completed.
- On-boards and coaches other project managers in process, issue resolution and audit controls.
- Actively learns, exploring areas and skills that will help macys.com continue to grow and innovate.
- Conducts post-implementation reviews and communicates lessons learned to appropriate groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years managing enterprise-level software development projects from initiation through completion, ideally ecommerce initiatives.
- 4+ years of experience managing software development efforts using Agile (Scrum, XP, lean, etc.).
- Thorough knowledge of the software development lifecycle, QA and test methodologies and processes, and experience with one (or more) products through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Technical experience in retail/ecommerce is a strong plus.
- PMI or CSM certification helpful but not required.
- Practice open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
- Agile Methodology
- Change Management
- E Commerce