To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX 78704
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Tax - Manager -State and Local Tax - Income Franchise
RSM US LLP • Austin, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Accounting - Finance, Consulting, Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The firm is looking for a State & Local Tax (SALT) Manager to join our State and Local Tax practice in our Austin, TX office.
- The primary focus of this position will be state income and franchise tax compliance
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value
- Work with SALT team in other Texas markets to collaborate and provide exceptional client service
- Research and resolve technical state and local tax issues
- Prepare technical memoranda, matrices and other client deliverables when necessary
- Manage tax assignments and related projects
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client
- Review work papers and state tax returns
- Develop and train staff for compliance projects
- Participate in the billing and collection process
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing technical specialty or expertise to client
- CPA, JD or LLM required
- BS Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of current or recent experience in public accounting or corporate tax department
- Tax compliance experience/background required. Middle market compliance experience a plus.
- Familiarity with researching state tax laws and regulations
- Strong communication and writing skills
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID: req1932
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.