Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill — hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics, air brakes — using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Our team is looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to keep up our level of commitment to safety.
Dunbar Armored is a Military Friendly company with a long history of providing career opportunities to Veterans as well as Active Military members. Supporting the Military has been our focus for over 95 years. This includes our efforts to hire and promote Veterans and Military Service members. Don’t believe us? Just ask the 660 Veterans or Active Military members we hired last year!
This is a great opportunity for a driven Diesel Mechanic with a "can do" attitude. This person will be responsible for vehicle inspection, maintenance, and repair of company-owned armored truck fleet.
$2500 SIGN ON BONUS!
• Competitive Salary
• Yearly Tool Allowance
• Tool buy back program
• Paid Time Off (PTO) — Accrual Commences Upon Hire!
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Paid Holidays
• Life and Disability Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
Essential functions of this position are:
• Repair, maintain and overhaul as needed, all types of vehicular equipment for outside delivery (armored trucks & vans) and in-facility purposes (forklifts)
• Provide preventive maintenance to vehicles according to an established schedule
Inspect, test and align trucks, vans and light-duty equipment in the following areas: Air brakes, hydraulic brakes, steering, suspension, transmission, engine, air-conditioner, fuel system, some body work and tire replacement etc.
• Adjust all equipment to federal D.O.T. and state standards for motor vehicle inspection and safety standards
• Control and maintain parts inventory
• Maintain repair orders, parts usage and other required paperwork
• Other duties as required
The minimum knowledge, education, experience, skills, and/or abilities required to perform this job are (including any physical requirements):
• 3-5 years of experience working/maintaining medium and light duty vehicles
• Must have own tools
• Must maintain satisfactory driving record and possess appropriate licenses (CDL–B)
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and bend, crawl, climb and squat
• Knowledge of diesel engines
• Must obtain and maintain D.O.T. certification
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Repairing (Computer Systems)