You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Maintenance Supervisor 2nd Shift
Supervise employees engaged in maintenance activities to ensure that production machinery, material handling, building systems and building integrity are in efficient operating order.
- Working through direct reports, ensure that plant equipment is maintained in optimum operating condition to avoid, or minimize, production downtime. Respond urgently to equipment related production issues by assigning repair work as soon as issues are identified.
- Develop, maintain and administer all aspects of the critical spare parts, recycling, and other equipment-based programs as assigned.
- Ensure timely completion of work orders; repairs, and preventative maintenance through MP2 (or similar software) and documentation of all maintenance activities.
- Approve all parts orders within approved purchasing limits as established by organization policy.
- Provide maintenance employees with the proper equipment and parts to perform their function efficiently.
- Work with other departments and individuals to effectively coordinate equipment and building maintenance activities.
- Ensure that the Maintenance Shop is kept orderly and clean.
- Responsible for providing after-hours maintenance resources by calling in appropriate maintenance staff; responds personally in critical or complicated situations.
- Select, train, and manage the performance of qualified maintenance mechanics to maintain a broad range of expertise within the maintenance department.
- Provide necessary guidance, technical support, and training to ensure that all employees work safely and comply with food safety programs.
- Schedule and assign personnel accordingly to ensure coverage for a seven day a week maintenance department; review, edit and approve employee time cards each week.
- Evaluate performance of individuals, take disciplinary action, provide coaching and feedback, and recommend dismissal when necessary.
- Assume certain duties of other management in times of absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent knowledge and skills acquired through on the job training or experience.
- Five years of experience working or supervising in the vocation trades including, but not necessarily limited to, HVAC, Electrical/Electronics and Mechanical.
- Two to three years experience supervising or acting in a lead capacity in a production or production maintenance environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and to motivate direct reports; specifically mentoring and coaching individuals and identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time using effective organizational skills and judgment in an environment of frequently changing circumstances.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications; specifically using Word to create and modify documents, Excel to record data and calculate results, and Outlook to communicate internally and externally.
- Work is generally performed within a manufacturing environment subjected to temperatures of cold and warm along with wearing the proper PPE, with standard office equipment available along with plant manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
Base salary range from $69,671- $104,506.00. Position may be eligible for additional compensation for working weekends and a quarterly discretionary bonus. Position eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, employee assistance program, 401K with employer match, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Time Off (vacation, holiday and sick days).
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Food Safety
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2026591
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.