The Donaldson Group is looking for a full time Leasing Consultant for a residential apartment community located in Bladensburg, MD. We are looking for someone who is a superstar leaser. Applicant must have a proven sales track record and someone who is able to close the deal 100% of the time. Applicant will be responsible for marketing, outreach, leasing apartments, resident retention, creating and maintaining lease files and applications, participating in resident events, taking service requests and answering phones. Must be highly energized, goal oriented and personable. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, must be computer literate, must have exceptional customer service skills and have the ability to multi-task. Weekends are a must. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. The Donaldson Group believes in a drug free work environment, therefore a drug screen will be required.
THE DONALDSON GROUP
Job Title: Leasing Consultant
Reports To: Property Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Leasing Consultant reports directly to the respective Property Manager unless otherwise assigned by the Property Manager.
- Keep the Donaldson Group Promise, providing the best possible customer experience for clients, residents, vendors, internal associates, etc.
- Conducts all business in adherence to Fair Housing Law.
- Show apartments in accordance with federal, state, local and company policies.
- Answer the telephone professionally and in a timely manner.
- Complete tasks in a prompt and professional manner.
- Lead by example, motivating the entire team to keep the Donaldson Group Promise.
- Greet prospects, residents, vendors and all customers utilizing excellent customer service.
- Build and maintain a positive rapport with all applicants and residents.
- Follow-up with prospective residents.
- Receive and report service calls promptly and accurately.
- Communicate with, listen and respond to co-workers and customers.
- Take advantage of opportunities to go above and beyond for all customers.
- Take resident service requests accurately to insure maintenance personnel can complete the request properly.
- Exhibit general knowledge of surrounding community (e.g. schools, shopping, restaurants) for benefit of prospective/new residents.
- Ensure leasing office, tour path, vacant apartments, amenities and general curb appeal of community meets or exceeds company expectations.
- Assist in set up and maintenance of marketing items, including but not limited to, balloons, directional signs, maintain mini-models and other marketing and promotional events.
- Participate in outreach marketing as directed.
- Maintain current Market Surveys and resident demographic information, as directed.
- Ensure the quality and distribution of collateral materials, including:
- Directional signs
- Show units in accordance with federal, state, local and company policies.
- Resident Retention Program.
- Maintain Telephone Performance Analysis (TPA) score to meet or exceed company goals.
- Process applications for pre-approvals (credit check, income requirements, rental history, etc.) and submit applications.
- Review and approve rental applications and promptly notify applicants of approval status.
- Prepare accurate lease packages according to company policy.
- Move-in orientation to include pre-apartment inspection, lease signing and move-in inspection with resident.
- Achieve leasing goals to reach or exceed the budgeted occupancy for the property.
- Reduce vacancy day loss by encouraging immediate move-ins.
- Keep accurate records of traffic and leases using the property management software system.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
An associate’s degree or equivalent is preferred. One year related experience and/or training in residential property management experience is preferred. The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment is crucial, as well as maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Previous marketing experience is helpful.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
The Institute of Real Estate Management’s Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) or The National Housing Association’s National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) designation is preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. The ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and speak effectively before groups of prospective residents, residents or employees is needed.
Outstanding interpersonal skills are needed. The ability to solve practical problems and employ common sense is a must. Also necessary is the ability to think and react quickly where only limited standardization or direction exists. Staying calm and handling high pressure situations is requisite.
Mathematical skills, such as the ability to apply concepts like fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions are necessary. The ability to keep records of financial transactions of the site relative to collecting rent and deposits is requisite. The ability to understand and/or compile reports regarding vacancy, concessions and advertising costs is also a must.
Computer literacy is essential. Knowledge of Windows-based software is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is necessary. Knowledge of MRI and other accounting/property management software is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate with and listen and respond to co-workers and customers
- Frequently walk the property to show available apartments and/or the model apartment to prospective residents
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds