[ Link removed ] is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Maintenance and Technical training instructors- direct supervisor
This job is responsible for the planning and execution of all activities that develop and implement specifically-assigned training programs. Employees in this role ensure that the instruction of training programs complies with approved fleet training procedures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises training instructors and guides performance improvement
- Coordinates training program development and delivery with management from related-disciplines, Emergency Planning, and training departments
- Participates and leads direction of the Training Review Committees agenda
- Serves as a member of the Training Department Leadership Team
- Interfaces with internal client/department leaders to confirm lesson plans meet expected quality and compliance requirements
- Implements approved procedures and policies to ensure compliance with company standards, NRC regulations and INPO accreditation criteria and other codes, standards and applicable regulatory requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 6+ years
- Nuclear Experience: 3+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's - Engineering
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor's in Physical Science, Engineering, or Engineering Technology or equivalent education and/or experience
- Training related experience: 6+ years
- Nuclear power plant training experience in assigned discipline/specialty: 3+ years
Nuclear Specific Preferences:
- Coursework in educational program development and administration
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Training
Organization: NextEra Point Beach
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Green Bay
Nearest Secondary Market: Appleton
Power Plant, Nuclear, Energy
- Emergency Management
- Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Power
- Performance Improvement