To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4609 Duke Drive
Mason, OH 45040
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Insurance Authorization Specialist
Mercy Health • Mason, OH
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- The Insurance Authorization Specialist is responsible for selecting accurate medical records for patient safety, and working with insurance companies and/or physician offices to complete insurance authorization requirements to secure payment.
- Identify the appropriate clinical records and submit the authorization request to the insurance company based on plan requirements for approval.
Will be the liaison between the ordering physician and insurance company to ensure any and all requirements to secure approval are identified and communicated.
Among the expectations of this role, the Specialist will achieve:
• >95% accuracy/quality while handling accounts
• >95% quality of expected customer service etiquette
• Meet or exceed Lower controls of average productivity amongst the Insurance Authorization Specialist I productivity standards
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to providing fair and just workplaces.
- Wellness programming designed to help our associates enhance their health, including a comprehensive annual health risk assessment.
- A culture truly participatory and to strengthen diversity and inclusion.
- Growth-Once you've joined our team, you will discover a variety of traditional and online learning opportunities, including tuition reimbursement, to help you acquire new skills and obtain degrees, certifications and CEUs. And our managers will coach you toward greater success.
- Recognition-We recognize our associates through programs that include service awards, celebrations and personal appreciation. We also survey associates annually to assess their satisfaction with our organization and managers, and to identify areas for improvement.
- High School Diploma Required – Associates Preferred
- 2 years experience in a healthcare related position required.
- Experience working with insurance companies and/or pre-authorizations required.
- Certification Medical Assisting preferred.
- Understanding of admission, billing, payments and denials.
- Comprehensive knowledge of patient insurance process for obtaining authorizations and benefits verification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or CPT or procedure codes.
- Patient Access experience with managed care/insurance and Call Center experience highly preferred.
- Articulate, personable, dependable and confident with excellent communication skills.
- Customer service oriented, builds trust and respect by exceeding customer expectations.
Shift and Job Schedule
Full Time, Day Shift
40 hours/week, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
This position will be a part of the revenue cycle team at Ensemble Health Partners - a wholly owned subsidiary of Mercy Health. Ensemble Health Partners specializes in providing revenue cycle solutions and creating real value for its clients by building relationships, reducing revenue cycle spend and delivering exceptional results. Ensemble partners with hospitals across the United States to make real and lasting improvements that impact the bottom line.