Working with general supervision, the Corporate Inventory Control Supervisor monitors, evaluates, and analyzes all facets of inventory management within the Distribution and Refurb Centers, with particular emphasis on maintaining data integrity through loss control procedures. This role will develop, implement and maintain a sustainable system by which a consistent measurement of shrink at the DC level can be made to increase the organization’s overall profitability. Associate may interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Using computer generated reports and physical observations, review all inventory movements that could affect DC and Refurb shrink on a daily basis. This includes, but is not limited to, reviews of store distro discrepancies, receiving reports, picking errors, inventory/transfer exception reports, and offsite inventory reports.
• Monitor, review and reconcile inventory transactions between WM and GISMO. These include, but are not limited to, the following reports: WM/Refurb On Hand Sync Reports, Receiving PO Matching Report, Receiving Corrections, and Daily High Dollar Reports.
• Will assist with DC/Refurb inventories and subsequent audits. Audit counts to verify accuracy.
• Provide input on items that need to be inventoried in special cycle counts to resolve inventory accuracy issues that arise.
• Supervise and lead the IC Specialists Team including job growth, performance management and minimizing overtime payroll. This includes the following: Monitor and follow up on the Specialists Team’s daily activities. Communicate changes that affect their work scope. Monitor feedback from the team to identify possible system/procedural issues in the field. Monitor attendance and manage the team’s PTO schedule. Take prompt corrective/disciplinary action as needed.
• Help field leaders with inventory management systems questions and problems.
• Ensure through computerized audit programs, and through communication from the stores, that outbound, store to store, and store to warehouse shipments are monitored to detect signs of pilferage. Facilitate the filing of freight claims by providing relevant data in a timely fashion. Ensure that such shrinkage is accurately reflected in Accounting records and BRIAN.
• Monitor and organize Refurb production to apply to PI spreadsheet.
• Complete ad-hoc analyses, reporting and special projects as needed, within the general scope of this role
• Document new processes to ensure easy training for others that may cover during vacations.
• Ensure that existing Sarbanes-Oxley controls are redefined as processes and systems change.
• Demonstrate the behaviors expected of all GameStop associates, including a strong bias for action and drive for results; high levels of maturity and professionalism; providing effective feedback to others, a consistently high service orientation; and commitments to diversity, a respectful workplace, and integrity.
• Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
• Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others’ feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate
• Continuous Improvement — Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions
• Creating a Service Reputation — Modeling for others service behaviors that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to resolve difficult customer situations and to retain customer confidence
• Technical and Professional Skills — Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
• Work Standards — Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Associate’s degree with an accredited business program required. At least 2 years of related inventory management experience may be accepted as a substitute when accompanied by a high school diploma or GED
• Three or more years of traditional organizational work experience required; at least one year of supervisory experience preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel
• Expert ability to enter, organize, interpret, analyze, and report complex data
• Proficient ability to communicate verbally and in writing, using English; bilingual Spanish speaking and writing skills preferred
• Proficient ability to manage multiple, overlapping priorities in a high-demand, customer-centric work environment
• Proficient ability to respond to stress in a manner acceptable to GameStop and to other associates
• Demonstrated commitment to a respectful, diverse, and inclusive environment
• Proficient ability to maximize the performance of others through the use of clearly defined expectations and related goals, daily coaching focused on behaviors and outcomes, skills development, individual development plans, and scheduled performance appraisals
• Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
• Proficient understanding of basic business mathematics and quantitative relationships
• Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated learning agility to respond favorably to rapidly evolving systems, applications, organizational objectives, and internal processes
• Proficient ability to manage emotionally-charged disagreements through consensus building, relationship management, and the formation and presentation of logical, data-based arguments
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
• Consistently follows and adheres to all GameStop Affirmative Action Program-related policies and procedures