We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careersthat match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Performs general maintenance and troubleshooting on Medical Center electrical and mechanical equipment. Utilizes hand tools, power tools, adhesives and solvents on a daily basis. Often makes choices concerning the routine repair of equipment without obtaining supervisor’s input. Utilizes good judgment in preventing and avoiding serious safety, comfort, financially-damaging or life-threatening situations. Performs preventive maintenance and suggests general maintenance techniques and procedures.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: 2-3 years facility systems maintenance experience required.
- Certifications: EPA Certification required.
- Other: Must possess a wide variety of mechanical and electrical skills. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to problem-solve and utilize good judgment in decisions on routine repairs without supervisory input.
- Preferred Education: Up to one year technical school preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: Possess EPA certification.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy Hospital South