To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accountant/Staff Accountant, Senior
The Judge Group • St. Louis, MO
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Experience with the accounting close process, i.e. booking journal entries, performing reconciliations, working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with analysis and special projects
Prepares complex financial statements and reports to summarize current and projected financial position. Responsible for compiling and analyzing complex financial information to prepare balance sheets and income statements. Reconciles all balance sheet accounts. Verifies and posts details of business transactions to journals, general ledger and other accounting records. Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete general ledger, reports and financial statements. Provides assistance to team members requiring functional expertise. Mentors less experienced team members to improve their understanding and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years accounting experience
- CPA certification helpful
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting processes and procedures
- Experience in financial statement preparation and general ledger account analysis and reconciliation
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Self-starter and team player
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues using innovative solutions
- Thorough understanding of business operations and processes required
- Focus on quality and service
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and accounting software
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines