GHD is seeking an experienced Chainsaw and Aerial Chainsaw Operator(s)
to operate various types of chainsaws associated with tree removal activities. The Chainsaw Operator must be able to demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment based on changing operating conditions.
Projects are located throughout the U.S. Paid rotations home every 3 weeks, all travel, mobilization, hotel and per diem costs are paid by GHD.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work may vary based on project timelines and workload.
Working within one of our experienced multi-disciplinary teams, you will
What you will bring to the team:
- Read and interpret equipment operator’s manuals
- Read MSDSs or SDSs that accompany all new and existing chemicals. Work in areas of uneven terrain
- May assist in the training of new or less skilled Operators
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience operating chainsaws in a safe manner.
- Must be in good physical condition as he/she will be required to perform cutting duties within conditions that are sometimes less than ideal, such as inclement weather/climate, changing project conditions or wearing additional safety gear.
- Must understand proper techniques in felling, limbing, and bucking trees.
- Aerial cutting experience beneficial, but not required.
- Must be able to take direction from others and be a team player.
- Certifications in tree removal and CDLs a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel for several months at a time with return home for 2 days every 3 weeks
Our commitment to you
- Experience with behavior-based safety programs.
- First Aid/CPR
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to chainsaw operations.
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
submit your cover letter and resume via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.