Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
3501 Symmes Rd.
Hamilton, OH 45015
The Controller’s overall mission is to execute timely and accurate financial reporting, while maintaining a strong system of internal controls and supporting the senior management team’s decision making process. These summary level objectives are to be achieved in a manner that satisfies Hubbell’s internal policies as well as all applicable external regulations (GAAP, SOX, etc). The ideal candidate will possess strong working knowledge of and experience with GAAP, cost accounting, financial planning & analysis, SOX and large-scale ERP systems. This person should have prior experience as a financial manager with a large manufacturing company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads a team of finance professionals through a monthly 3-day close.
- Presents the month’s financial results to senior management in an easily interpretable fashion.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prepares full financial forecast monthly (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Key Metrics).
- Close partnership with GM to build the forecast & present it to Group senior management team.
- Prepares robust annual plan that presents a high-level strategic view and drives accountability to the lowest levels of the organization (department spending, labor metrics, etc).
- Oversees the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual costing tasks.
- Cost rolls, physical inventories, rate analysis, quote review, etc.
- Establishes, monitors & enforces all SOX controls in conjunction with Hubbell policy.
- Protects assets (property plant & equipment, inventory, etc).
- Routinely updates Business Unit Signature Authority Matrix & related systems.
- Oversees periodic self-testing and supports applicable internal & external audit activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Customer Focus – Must tailor approach to the needs of business unit GM and other internal customers
- Strategic Thinking – Should frequently re-consider approach to standard tasks & seek to innovate
- Business Knowledge – Must develop & apply a basic knowledge of the Business’ products, customers & industries served in providing reliable data
- Functional Excellence – Must display strong proficiency in the gathering, analysis and presentation of data
- Integrity & Ethics – Must follow company guidelines & act in an ethical manner
- Results Drive/Initiative – Must be self-motivated to deliver a quality product
- Communications – Must clearly communicate analysis in both written and verbal terms
- Professional Maturity – Must act with professional maturity & display related qualities in interacting with Sr. management
- Establishes Priorities – Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities & apply a sense of urgency
- 7+ years of accounting experience and/or training
- A combination of experience from Public Accounting and Corporate Accounting is preferred.
- Must be familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills. Experience with SAP or another large-scale ERP system is required. Experience with Hyperion Financial Management, Workiva, BlackLine are preferred.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles