To provide evaluative, consultative and treatment interventions to all patients referred by a licensed physician. To maintain effective communication with healthcare center staff, patients, families and other customers. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. CompletesEvaluations, Assessments, and treatments accurately, including alldocumentation/records, according to policy and the individualized care plan ina timely and accurate manner.
2. Followsestablished policies and procedures as related to the scope of practice.
3. Recognizesand responds to priorities in patient care showing initiative and soundjudgement.
4. Demonstrateswillingness to adapt to change in workload and assists with training/orientingothers.
5. Providesa clean, safe environment with well-stocked supplies and functioning equipment.Has current knowledge of proper equipment usage.
6. Observesuniform code or dress guidelines and wears ID badge at all times.
7. Fostersteamwork environment and is supportive of cultural diversity.
8. Representsthe organization in a positive and professional manner.
9. Acceptsresponsibility to report any alleged or suspected violations to supervisorand/or others until the issue is resolved.
10. Adheres to GreatCustomer Service principles of the organization.
11. Reports to work ontime as scheduled; providing proper notification per policy of tardiness,planned or unplanned PTO.
12. Follows all Tenetsof the Organization; demonstrating the Committed to Caring Philosophythroughout each work day.
13. Fosters a cultureof compliance by following the Code of Conduct and other applicable policiesand regulatory requirements at all times.
14. Completes allrequired orientation, in services and trainings timely and successfully.
15. Perform otherrelated duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor. QualificationsLICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Valid professional license in State of practice
Graduate of CAPTE accredited school. If foreign-trained, the program must be deemed substantially equivalent to a Physical Therapist entry level education in the U.S. by a credentials evaluation organization approved by the APTA. ESSENTIALSKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrate a strong sense of quality, work ethic and flexibility. Always representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrates theability to take initiative and use sound judgment in routine and emergencysituations. Knowledge of established safety procedures when performing tasksand/or working with equipment. Follow established safety regulations, toinclude fire protection and prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,etc.
- Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
- Develops good rapport easily with patients, families, partners and customers; exhibiting a helpful and courteous attitude at all times.
- Generalproficiency in computer usage especially Microsoft Office applications andelectronic medical record reporting following HIPAA regulations.
- Maintainsself-direction, able to prioritize demonstrating excellent time management toobtain outcomes and strategic goals by targeted deadlines.
- Attend andparticipate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes inyour field as well as to maintain current license/certification, as required.
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Apr 21, 2020, 9:22:57 AM