Jacobs’ Nuclear Programs and Consulting is a Tier 1 service provider to the U.S. Department of Energy, we deliver safe and innovative solutions at complex nuclear cleanup and production sites. Our services include program management, decommissioning, environmental remediation, waste and nuclear material management, nuclear operations, consulting, and engineering and construction.
We’re looking for a Senior Architect with knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness. As the Senior Architect you will to lead groups of architects and designers to complete technical portions of projects within established budgets and schedules. The work will be performed in Oak Ridge, TN with potentially some travel. Join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life changing infrastructure that improves communities across the United States. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited Architectural program
- 15 or more years of experience
- Experience designing industrial facilities.
- Demonstrate experience of delivering a range of projects from concept through detailed design completion.
- Extensive experience with building codes and specifications
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Able to lead groups of architects and designers to complete technical portions of projects within established budgets and schedules.
- Ability to Follow established Jacobs quality procedures and ensures that all work accomplished under their control is accomplished under established quality procedures.
- Experience working within a quality system based on ISO 9000 or NQA-1
- Competent using discipline specific software such as: AutoCAD, Microstation, Sketch up, Adobe Suite, Revit, etc…
- Competent using Microsoft Office software.
- Licensed Architect in Tennessee with current registration
- Master’s degree is a plus
- DOE Q clearance is preferred but not required
- A person residing a commutable distance from our Oak Ridge, TN office
- NCARB registration is preferred but not required
- Experience facilitating Charrettes desired but not required
- DOE experience is desirable but not required.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Equipment and Machines: Standard office PC, with software will be provided
Travel required – As needed
Attendance: Ability to work in the office is required
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS U.S. Citizenship required.
Valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must take and pass a pre-employment drug and background check.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and supplemental language.