To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plano, TX
- Interface Security Systems _Corp
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
IT Network Engineer
Interface Security Systems • Plano, TX
Posted 1 month ago
At Interface, it's the human equation that drives us.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, Interface is uniquely qualified to be the one source for safeguarding customer data, people, and assets. As the leading national provider of cloud-based managed network services and security systems for retail, commercial and small business customers, we provide the industry's most comprehensive bundle of integrated solutions that connect and protect some of America's best-known companies.
Our service offerings include PCI-compliant private secure managed broadband, managed digital voice, alarm/event monitoring, interactive video surveillance, managed access control and fire/life safety systems. Multiple UL-Approved 5-Diamond CSAA Certified Secure Operations Centers monitor, manage and support their system, backed by a nationwide service delivery infrastructure.
Interface believes in the philosophy of listening to our customers and addressing their needs. We are guided by integrity as well as an all-consuming desire to exceed expectations and foster long-term partnerships. Our goal is nothing less than complete customer satisfaction. And we strive to achieve it by providing responsive, accommodating service to each and every one of our valued clients.
Interface is seeking a IT Network Engineer join our IT team in Earth City, Missouri.
The IT Network Engineer will help develop, design and enhance our corporate network infrastructure. A Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, configuring and maintaining network infrastructure and application components. A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the network performance meets company and user satisfaction. A Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Design, setup and configure complex LAN/WAN/Wireless networks
- Design, setup, configure and manage VPN networks with external customers
- Design, setup, configure and manage company firewalls, switches and routers
- Manage and maintain Hybrid Cloud network infrastructure
- Design, setup and configure wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Create and maintain network diagrams and documentation
- Handle on-call duties in a 24x7 environment
- Any other duties as assigned by management
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field desired but not required. Combination of work experience and technical skills will be considered in lieu of degree
- 7+ years of experience in network systems administration/engineering
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Cisco ASA, Cisco ASR and HP Switch experience required
- Fortinet next-generation products required
- Juniper experience a plus
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- The ability to lead and complete tasks independently, with attention to detail and while under pressure
- Excellent network systems documentation and architecture diagram skills
- Solid understanding of Information Security best practices
- Good knowledge of VoIP implementations
- Identifies, analyses, and drives problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating across teams
- Maintains strong values of integrity, commitment, and self-improvement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to sit in an office environment. Employee may be required to travel by car or airplane with overnight stays in hotels. Employee is frequently required to talk or hear to interact with employees/customers. Employee is frequently required to use the telephone. Employee will frequently use a personal computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand, crouch, kneel, climb or crawl. The employee may lift objects up to 10 pounds that could include company materials, files and small equipment. Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in order to view reports, computer screen, forms and operating manuals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed indoors in a lighted workspace at the employer's office.
Interface offers a competitive compensation package based on education and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, the opportunity for growth and much more. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements.
Interface Security Systems will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: Employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; for rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship.
Interface Security Systems will, in all solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by or on behalf of the Interface Security Systems, state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability.