Corp RE Facilities Admin Ser Asst-Maryland (Columbia)
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Location: Maryland (Columbia)
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Corp RE and Facilities Administrative Services Asst. in the Corporate Real Estate and Facilities department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of day-to-day facility operations, services and maintenance activities. The position synchronizes all aspects of Corporate Real Estate and Facilities administration, including monitoring critical dates, triaging facility requests – initiating appropriate contractors, communicating status, providing updates, close-out - vendor and contractor invoice coding, scrubbing for extraneous charges, etc., acting as property manager interface, updating reports as needed, including utility and snow expense trackers. This role will provide a positive interaction with internal and external clients, ensuring seamless delivery of services in an effort to ensure the team’s goal of always providing remarkable experiences to each and every client.
Areas of focus:
• Invoice/Insurance Management
a. Review for accuracy all invoices received from vendors, lessors, etc.
b. Process invoices for timely payment
c. Coordinate manual check requests
d. Work with finance to create ACH payments for new vendors/contractors, etc.
e. Scan vendor service reports and other documents and upload to share drive
f. Track Certificates of Insurance in IWMS and tracking sheets and request updated certificates as needed
g. Other duties as requested or assigned
• Data and Document Management
a. Assist with the data entry associated with various reports, including expense tracking, utility usage, snow removal expenses, etc.
b. Organize project documents; prepare and update project expense trackers
c. Other duties as requested or assigned
• Services Coordination
a. Respond and follow-up to facilities service requests as appropriate
b. Manage the distribution and collection of parking items, such as keys, fobs and transponders; manage online accounts related to parking authorization
c. Manage the distribution of access key fobs at certain locations
d. Other duties as requested or assigned
• 2-year College Degree or Equivalent is preferred
• Clerical/administrative/customer service experience
• Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent organization skills are required.
• Strong math skills required; knowledge of basic accounting principles preferred
• Basic knowledge and terminology in construction, engineering and building maintenance preferred
• Beginner to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Professional required; Database Management Software experience preferred
• Experience with preparation of business correspondence, certified mail preferred
• Experience with online research and telephone inquiries to obtain information as needed
• Experience with fast-paced office environment
• Requires an energetic, can-do attitude, balanced with always doing what is right and what is in the best interest of the organization
• Requires extensive internal and external contacts at all levels involving high degree of diplomacy, tact and judgment
• Displays a strong sense of client focus. Is a team player and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
• Displays a desire to expand knowledge and skills related to Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at
and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.