About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] .
Information on our facilities is available at [ Link removed ] . For career opportunities, visit [ Link removed ] . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at [ Link removed ]) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
We seek a dedicated individual who will function as a Facility Administrative Assistant and will be responsible for providing administrative support to the facility. Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Drafting, composing, editing and preparing various correspondence, documents and reports.
- Performing accounting/purchasing assistant duties.
- Assist in human resources and payroll administration and maintenance of various files.
- Input and maintenance of plant records and reports and coordination of travel, tours and events.
- Act as liaison for HR and Payroll related matters, coordintate with IT Department for computer hardware and software needs
- Order office and safety supplies
- Support the Facility Manager, Regional HR Director and other members of the facility management staff as needed. When working in these areas, may be responsible for communicating corporate, regional and facility announcements and programs. When necessary, this position works closely with HR and payroll staff to meet company deadlines, processes and reporting requirements. This position reports to the Facility Manager, but will work directly with other department managers as needed.
- Accounting duties include, but are not limited to: coordinate vendor payment and account reconciliation; develop and manage daily operations reports; review and reconcile daily invoices; maintain reports and records needed for bi-monthly client billing; reagent and sales tax reconciliation; purchasing card reconciliation.
The duties of the Facility Administrative Assistant require exceptional computer skills, including spreadsheet, word processing and PowerPoint.
Must be strong in both oral and written communication techniques. Must have the ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and employees. Must demonstrate strong mathematical and reasoning skills.
A high school diploma or GED is required, with at least two years related experience in office administration and 5 years accounting based functions. Five years progressive office experience with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel is preferred. Knowledge of PeopleSoft is a plus.