To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milton, FL 32583
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Equity Processor II
Navy Federal Credit Union • Milton, FL
Posted 8 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To process equity loans in accordance with applicable federal/state laws, as well as Navy Federal’s policies and procedures. To provide information to members regarding equity loan requirements, products and related services.
1. Processes equity loan applications according to established guidelines and requirements.
• Interviews and counsels members face-to-face and over the telephone and enters equity applications into Application Processing System (APS)
• Provides detailed information on available Navy Federal equity loan products, clarifies questions/concerns and resolves problems regarding processing loan, loan pricing and loan terms
• Communicates outstanding documentation requirements and sets appropriate deadlines for submission
• Examines preliminary title work, status reports (termite, well/septic inspection), hazard, and flood insurance policies to determine if property condition/insurance is within acceptable levels
• Relays loans status to member and other member approved parties (e.g., real estate agent, settlement agent), responds to inquiries and resolves any issues concerning the processing of the equity application
• Prepares loan disclosures required by Federal/state laws (e.g., Three Day Documents, Good Faith Estimate, Truth-In-Lending)
• Verifies “intent to proceed” by member prior to collecting required fees, requesting appraisal and ordering title work
• Reviews received applications for accuracy and submits for decision via Automated Underwriting (AU) or Manual Underwriting (MU) depending on loan terms and conditions
• Identifies circumstances in which additional documentation may be required (e.g., private roads, trust documents, buyout agreements)
2. Coordinates final loan application changes, revisions and corrections with other equity staff, closing agents and settlement attorneys to ensure accurate and efficient processing of equity loans.
• Acts in the capacity of a Loan Officer (LO) on applications status and communicates with member regarding outstanding documentation issues
• Prepares/submits final applications and member appeals for submission to the Credit Underwriting staff and Appraisal Underwriting staff for a decision
• Coordinates schedule of settlement with member and settlement agent/notary public
• Analyzes/evaluates title binder to determine status of title, title exceptions for acceptability; takes corrective action and obtains or orders additional documentation if required
3. Records, tracks and monitors documentation issues and productivity.
• Reviews approved equity loans for completeness, accuracy, and additional information required to close loan
• Ensures loan was reviewed by appropriate management level for closing release
• Reviews HUD-1 with Closer, Settlement Agent (if applicable) and the Member to ensure accuracy
• Ensures that loans are in compliance with governing federal/sate laws, as well as Navy Federal, NCUA and Federal Home Loan Bank guidelines and regulations
4. Performs other related duties as required or appropriate.
• Follows standard course of action with limited discretion to vary from established policies, procedures, or guidelines
• Works under general supervision to harmonize processing functions
• Able to processes all types of equity loan applications from initial application through conditional acceptance
• Researches, clarifies and resolves problems related to equity loan processing and loan documentation then submits loans to Production or Section Supervisor for final documentation review
• Completes final reviews of loan terms, pricing and conditions prior to sending loan to Production or Section Supervisor for documentation review
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Required – Level II:
• Incumbent will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks
• General knowledge of mortgage products and processes
• Strong knowledge of equity loan processing & documentation requirements
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to evaluate/resolve problems/issues independently, and know how/when escalation is necessary or appropriate
• Effective organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work assignments
• Work effectively/efficiently with automated systems and computers
• Working knowledge of NFCU mortgage processing functions and technologies
• Knowledge of Navy Federal objectives, policies, programs, services, organizational, and functional relationships beyond Equity Lending
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability