One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing since its inception to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenues of $10 billion and 83,000 employees. In 2018, UHS was recognized for the eighth consecutive year as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and in 2017, ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 83,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Corporate IS Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Clinical Informatics Specialist.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist provides guidance in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining an efficient and effective clinical information system. Supports the organization’s overall clinical initiatives by applying an excellent understanding of clinical processes and supporting information technologies to optimize health information systems. Serves as the liaison between providers, clinicians, IT, and management. As an advisor, helps shape and define current and future clinical information system improvements through daily interaction with individual teams both at corporate and enterprise-wide. Participates in strategic vision and planning. Provides continued customer support inclusive of supporting interactive education to enhance system and application comprehension. Facilitates the organization’s vision and strategy for clinical transformation, and actively engages in managing system and practice changes. Serves as a mentor and role model.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plans, reviews and oversees implementation of activities, resources and timelines required to complete systems development projects, systems administration, and reporting.
- Provides leadership in development, establishing ownership and maintaining work teams.
- Applies broad clinical informatics knowledge (technical and process) with highly comprehensive specialized knowledge to enhance new clinical system features and functions.
- Acts as IT Clinical management liaison to other IT departments as well as Corporate and Facility leadership and stakeholders. Oversees standardization of clinical system content.
- Identifies novel ways to bridge the gap between clinical departments and Information Services Department.
- Manages initiatives to promote effective design, development and implementation of clinical information system improvements.
- Mentors staff to maintain a high standard of content and consistency while acting as a professional role model.
- Capable of working with the organization’s leadership, clinical teams, and IT systems related to all clinicians and processes.
- Knowledge of leading projects and directing the efforts of multiple people.
- Able to understand clinical workflows and patient-care oriented processes.
- Has a good foundation of information technologies in a clinical environment.
- Additional IT or Clinical certifications or credentialing is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years in healthcare environment experience as a clinician required. Minimum 5 years experience with clinical information systems. Minimum 3 years Cerner Millennium experience required.
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Executives, Physicians, Vendors, Nurses and all other clinical and IT personnel.
- Provides solutions to highly complex technical problems requiring frequent use of creativity and ingenuity and an in-depth analysis and evaluation of multiple factors.
- Experience with analyzing clinical systems and identifying continuous improvement opportunities. Strong statistical skills and interpretive abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects. Project Management Certification and/or experience, process improvement skills related to workflow processes, and training development of educational material.
- Ability to provide clinical review for projects to ensure a high level of usability of system functionality is achieved.
- Language proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal skills.
Training: Ongoing training required to keep jobs skills current.
Licensure: Current licensure as RN, NP, PA, Respiratory Therapist, Pharmacist or other related clinical license required.
Travel Requirements: 5 – 25% domestic US travel (depending on projects).
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Process Analysis (Business)