To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
840 Grier Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director - Hotel and Retail Analytics
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Director Hotel and Retail Analytics should be a seasoned professional with a track record of integrating and analyzing large sets of data to develop actionable insights and business strategies. Key to success in this position will be a strong leadership and a deep analytical skillset, including the ability to integrate and analyze divergent sets of data (eg. Consumer, location, retail, social and sales data) to better understand the drivers of value across the enterprise and how those drivers can be leveraged to further MGM’s goals, strategies, and opportunities for growth.
This position will foster relationships with business areas to become a credible and trusted partner, who seeks to understand business issues. The Director – Hotel and Retail Analytics will lead a team to create benchmarks, create insights based on analytical techniques to remediate issues and improve financial and operational performance.
This position participates in the development and maintenance of the business intelligence tools, and data marts; works cross-functionally with various departments to determine their analytical needs and ensures timely high-quality analytics.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Proactively identifies highest value opportunities across MGM’s entertainment venues and drives recommendations for optimization
- Collaborates with operations partners ensuring the implementation of analytical initiatives
- Develops analytical capability in the Hotel & Retail Analytics areas to identify total enterprise value and ROI Hotel and Retail operations
- Identifies data / analytics requirements and collaborates with Business Intelligence team to ensure effective execution
- Drives ownership of the demand management process through reviewing, prioritizing, and executing on high priority opportunities from Property/Corporate requests
- Manages relationships to understand business problems and analytical needs
- Communicates and reviews findings with Corporate / Property / Enterprise Analytics partners
- Manages new insight demands with currently in-progress projects
- Provides inputs to Value Measurement process to ensure business results are achieved
- Networks externally to seek innovation
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect and ensure hiring is aligned with necessary “skill and will” to drive EA success
- Other job-related duties as requested
- 7+ years’ experience within Hospitality, Retail, F&B, or Entertainment Industries, that includes 7+ years leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Finance, Statistics, Psychology, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Proven track record of driving business performance through operational insights and analytics
- MBA or MS degree preferred with quantitative orientation
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting