PrideNow is hiring a Controls Engineer for our partner in Wharton, NJ! Our partner is the world’s largest bottler for retailers and A-brands. Their products are distributed worldwide from our production sites in Europe and North America! The Controls Engineer in this role will help drive continuous improvement projects, and lead infrastructure automation upgrades to keep automation systems up-to-date and mitigate obsolescence. In addition, the Controls Engineer will be an expert in PLC, HMI, SCADA, VFD, and Servo System programming and troubleshooting, as well as a master in Ethernet Network configuration and diagnostics and developing the SQL Server. This position will also work to enhance the skills of Controls Technicians, Electricians, and Instrumentation Technicians through developing training development plans and organizing and delivering relevant training sessions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes expert knowledge of PLCs, HMIs, Ethernet Networks, I/O networks, to efficiently troubleshoot controls automation system issues, determine root cause, and implement timely, permanent solutions.
- Use condition monitoring tools to perform predictive maintenance (PdM) analysis on Production Equipment to identify pending maintenance issues, and issue PM work orders to take corrective action to prevent emergency breakdowns and to determine root cause of maintenance issues.
- Analyze performance trends and conducts root cause corrective action to drive improvements.
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities to improve plant performance and machine reliability
- Promote infrastructure automation upgrades and establish automation disaster recovery strategy
- Lead team of electricians and develop training plans to improve the team’s skillset
- Diploma or degree in Electronics, Automation, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Rockwell Automation PLC, VFD, HMI, and Servo System programming and troubleshooting expert
- PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, and FactoryTalk Studio software
- DeviceNet and Ethernet I/P knowledge will be key for success.
- Remote communication and I/O systems experience
- Experience in Virtual Network and Thin Clients
- Ownership – is eager to take ownership of responsibilities; can and does think independently to excel in role; takes ownership of challenges.
- Results Focus – exhibits commitment to goals and consistently delivers results; demonstrates personal initiative and independent motivation to achieve goals and objectives; takes risks when necessary; undaunted by obstacles.
- Communication – relates well to people; builds rapport along all dimensions of organization; resolves conflicts; provides clear directions and information.
- Customer Focus – understands and meets needs of customers and business partners; builds positive customer relationships.
- Problem Solving – breaks down problems and generates a range of solutions; thinks outside the box and uses ideas of others to help develop solutions; acts and evaluates results of actions.
- SQL Server Experience (preferred)
- Licensed Industrial Electrician (preferred)
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $100,000 and $130,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other sponsored benefit programs offered by this client
- Adjustable Frequency Drive
- Business Process Improvement
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Diagnostic Skills