Do you want to Build Something Amazing?
- Are you a mover and shaker?
- Dreamer and doer?
- Do you have a passion for customer service and thrive working with a creative and energetic team?
If so, La-Z-Boy has the perfect home for you. With an emphasis on self-motivated and energetic employees with a commitment to excellence, our people are what drives us forward. The amazing individuals La-Z-Boy hires helps us to remain a prevalent household name while also reinventing the furniture industry, one recliner, living room, or home at a time.
La-Z-Boy is looking for creative, enthusiastic individuals with a customer-first mindset to be on the forefront of the customer experience. Our retail stores aren't focused on hectic checkouts or keeping hundreds of products on the shelves. Our goal is to provide customers with a memorable, unique, and personalized experience that they won't find anywhere else.
Working at La-Z-Boy means taking part in an ever-changing organization that values developing employees' skills, and means finding a home where you can grow both personally and professionally. Additionally, La-Z-Boy's new compensation plan allows you to strive to fit your potential, increasing earnings of employees, which averages from $16 to upwards of $20 per hour! The only limit to your ability to earn more is your ability to close sales, with no cap on commissions earned.
Taking pride in our work with the communities we serve is also of utmost importance to La-Z-Boy. Company culture extends past corporate offices and encourages all employees to get involved in volunteerism, sustainability efforts, and participating in La-Z-Boy-sponsored charity events.
Ultimately, La-Z-Boy is looking for individuals who are excited about making houses into homes.
Responsible for creating sales utilizing exceptional customer service and knowledge of the La-Z-Boy selling process, products and services. Strive to create long-term customer relationships that will lead to increased sales and profitability. Develop awareness of interior design through practical experience, observation and interaction with a La-Z-Boy Designer.
- Contribute to store sales goals by selling furniture, accessories and services offered by La-Z-Boy
- Team with Store Manager, Sales Manager, Designer, and Associates to promote the Design program and drive overall store sales
- Assist the Designer to achieve established Design program sales goals
- Consistently execute the La-Z-Boy selling process and strive to provide a favorable experience to all customers.
- Develop and utilize sales skills and principals including approach, rapport building, needs discovery, customized portfolio presentations, answering objections, closing, follow-up, after sale service and continuing contact with all previous and potential customers
- Maximize store promotions, marketing initiatives, and grassroots programs
- Maintain strong knowledge of features and benefits of existing and new product line
- Meet or exceed established goals as set by management
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all current and future customers
- Ensure that each La-Z-Boy customer has an informative and positive experience by using good customer service skills and knowledge of products, while following the company selling process
- Effectively use Podium to ensure customer satisfaction and future follow-up
- Make sound business decisions to deliver customer satisfaction and promote team environment
- Provide store support to incoming phone calls and emails
- Assist in handling customer issues and/or complaints. Provide appropriate solutions and alternatives to the customer to achieve a satisfied experience
- Escalate unresolved issues to Store Manager, if not available then Sales Manager or Designer
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all store associates
Sr. Sales Associate:
- Train, coach and develop sales associates on La-Z-Boy product knowledge and selling process/skills to achieve store sales goals
- Help promote and champion a culture of sales and service
- Assist with maintenance of the overall visual appearance of store, this includes but is not limited to assist to maintain floor and/or showroom displays, tagging of products and accessories, maintaining accessory catalogs and design center fabrics, floor moves, and maintaining general store cleanliness
- Adhere to general store operational procedures and guidelines
- Accurately complete order information, collect deposits and fees, keep orderly customer records, and research customer payments and deliveries
- Responsible to accurately complete the daily On-Point system log
- Show a sense of urgency, enthusiasm and excitement with the store team and customers
- Maintain adequate knowledge of company standards, product knowledge and internal processes and systems
- Consistently schedule deliveries with customers
Sr. Sales Associate:
- Responsible for opening and closing of the store
- MOD responsibilities as assigned by management
- Extended RMS access including override approval
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous selling experience and ability to close a sale strongly preferred
- Excellent communication, customer service skills, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, build rapport, and positively influence
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and conflicting priorities
- Ability to effectively and productively with others as a team
- Ability to work the schedule and hours dictated by business needs
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Initiative to meet assigned goals, missions and objectives and motivated to achieve more
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Sr. Sales Associate:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s in Business or related field is preferred
Internal Candidates Interested in Senior Role:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Operate Cash Register
Resolve Customer Issue