“Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.
Windstream is a leading provider of advance network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
About the Role:
The Major Account Development Manager will focus on business development, by selling Windstream’s full suite of strategic products and services to an assigned geographic base of customers. Our goal is to increase wallet share, increase customer satisfaction with Windstream, reduce churn, and increase our customer base utilization of strategic next-gen services. The Major Account Development Manager will leverage a full support team consisting of an Area Sales Director and Sales Engineering team
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of Windstream’s sales process, products, and solutions to ensure customers are under contract with the most strategic product set.
- Develop a deep understanding of a customer’s business, corporate priorities, and industry to effectively identify solutions that align with the customer’s strategy and needs.
- Develop, own, and document the multi-faceted account plan and growth strategy for each customer; manage priorities and eco-system partners to meet established milestones and achieve sales growth objectives.
- Act with a sense of urgency and work in close partnership with the Customer Success organization, to assure customer issues are resolved quickly.
- Develop and implement plans to create additional opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell accounts and increase overall total customer spend.
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities in saleforce.com including generation of accurate forecasts and attainment of assigned quotas.
- Participate in, and successfully complete, all required training; participate in team meetings and activities as required
Do You Have?
- Verifiable record of success in enterprise level sales, owning a customer base and driving full life-cycle management of sales, conversions, and renewals.
- Prior strategic account management and consultative sales experience selling multiple products and solutions to medium and large businesses.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organization skills, time management skills, listening skills, presentation skills, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to confidently network, build rapport and develop trusted relationships over time to execute mid to long-term account plans.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to speak with business professionals at all levels in an organization and across multiple lines of business.
- Strong PC skills, including expertise in MS Office.
- Experience in building account plans and leading customer business reviews (MBRs and QBRs).
- Experience driving strategic consulting services into new accounts while consistently achieving or exceeding sales goals by generating and maintaining a qualified pipeline.
- College degree or equivalent and 8+ years field sales experience directly related to job (outside, direct sales experience) or 12+ years job-related field sales experience; or an equivalent combination of education and job-related field sales experience required.
- Strong business, financial and technical acumen with negotiation and closing proficiency. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of selling cloud-based communications and data solutions.
- Independent, stress-tolerant, self-motivated, competitive, assertive, pro-active, and results-oriented; able to work with minimum direction.
- Adept at prospecting and using effective consultative selling practices.
- Understands market dynamics including demographics
College degree or equivalent and 8 years field sales experience directly related to job (outside, direct sales experience) or 12 years job-related field sales experience; or an equivalent combination of education and job-related field sales experience required.EEO Statement:
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. 401464
- Self Motivation
- Sales Process
- Business Development
- Account Management
- Consultative Selling
- Direct Selling