Position/Job Title: Program Security Officer (L3)
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Performs personnel security requirements for USAF Customer. Follows all requirements of Security Coordinator responsibilities and attends Security Coordinator training. Conducts Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) verification of personnel security clearances/access levels. Performs security in- and out-processing of contractor personnel. Coordinates security in- and out-processing of Civil Service and Military personnel with Information System Security Manager. Creates and issues security badges for personnel assigned as required. Operates the door proximity access system and issues proximity access cards. Drafts and submits security SOPs for approval, to ensure compliance with Air Force regulations and guidance. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience/Skills Required:
- 3-8 years demonstrated/practical hands-on experience as a Security Specialist or closely related position. Direct experience in conducting verification of security clearances, and in- and out- processing procedures in a DoD SAP/SAR environment highly desired. Experience administering policies, practices and metrics that reflect the security posture of the project. Experience with JPAS and the use of sound security practices to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of all personnel and security matters. Highly desired is a candidate with two years' minimum experience working in secure access programs and/or secret compartmentalized information environment.
- Degree in operational security, intelligence, or related military work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position will require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Employee must possess and maintain a Top-Secret/SCI security clearance and must be willing to consent to a CI Polygraph. Each employee must have the required final security clearance at work performance start date. Must be a US citizen.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)
Complex Problem Solving