Senior Corporate Accountant - Join a Stellar Team! We are looking for a Senior Corporate Accountant to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for our client, based in New Haven, CT. The Senior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for accounting functions and assures compliance with relevant accounting standards and procedures and regulations of the Connecticut Insurance Department.This is an excellent opportunity that offers opportunity to move into management as operations continue to expand globally. Enjoy a flexible schedule, employee-centric culture, and excellent benefits including competitive pay and bonus, 401K with generous match, education reimbursement, and a $500 allowance for $500 paid by the company for any recreational activity in the year (just to name a few!)Responsibilities: • Preparation of supporting work papers, recording and reconciliation of loss and loss adjustment expenses related to reimbursable/aggregate deductible billings and reconciliations. Providing research and resolution of items on a timely basis.
• Preparation, reconciliation and billing of reinsurance activities, including third party recovery and deductible activities. Develop automated efficiencies to consistently and accurately maintain such data through the use of software and systems.
• Redefine the work effort of the reinsurance recoveries, reinsurance premium, third party recovery and deductible settlements from a manual process to an automated process. Co-lead project team to acquire a new reinsurance accounting system.
• Preparation of statutory schedules relating to loss and loss adjustment expense and reinsurance utilizing the statutory reporting software.
• Assist and support annual audit and periodic statutory examination process as well as the quarterly and annual actuarial consulting engagements through the delivery of pertinent data and reconciliations and information as to variances and trends.
• Assist the Director of Finance with mentoring and development of junior staff. Qualifications: • Thorough knowledge of the regulatory and reporting requirements of the Connecticut Insurance Department.
• Ability to prepare and complete state required statements and filings.
• Knowledge of Statutory Accounting principles
• Ability to use multiple computer systems for accounting and financial reporting including advance skills in excel and proficiency in Booke Seminars Complete Package for Windows for Statutory Reporting.
• Ability to manage time in a multi-tasking environment to meet deadlines.
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-up.
• Ability to communicate effectively.