Responsible for the safe, effective operation, and servicing of mechanical, motorized, and or electrical equipment in the facilities work environment. Including but not limited to forklifts’, dollies’, hand trucks, etc. Responsible for the safe movement of goods to or from various locations. Responsible for a sound knowledge of logistic and supply chain, material management, and distribution/transportation processes and policies to meet the business requirements.
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment during material handling and warehousing, as required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, and shipping of parts, materials, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment while moving material.
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment while entering and exiting of trailers.
- Responsible for the safety of all personnel within given safety zones of operating equipment.
- Demonstrate, lead, and assist in work from a variety of source documents to verify quantities, parts, destinations and timing prior to material movement.
- Demonstrate, lead, and assist in the uses of machines for weighing, banding, wrapping, and packaging.
- Responsible for the safe operation, and servicing of mechanical, motorized, and or electrical equipment in the facilities work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to read/write and interpret documents.
- Warehouse experience.
- Logistics experience.
Requires frequent walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping.
Requires lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling of various items of varying weight.
Requires work from heights of up to 20 feet from floor.
Requires work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas.
- Working knowledge of computerized applications (word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, email).
Packaging And Labeling
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 553565700
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ABOUT NEOVIA LOGISTICS
Neovia is a global leader in third-party logistics, operating more than 100 facilities in 20 plus countries across six continents. For over 30 years, Neovia has combined an OEM mindset with real-world innovation to partner with, and solve complex logistics challenges for, leading companies in the automotive, industrial, aerospace and technology sectors.
OTHER 3PLS FOCUS ON MOVING GOODS FROM POINT A TO POINT B. NEOVIA OFFERS MORE.
The services we offer draw on our expertise and the capabilities we have developed over 30 years as the logistics partner to some of the world’s leading companies in the sectors we serve.
We focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement in supply chain operations, helping our customers enhance their performance and achieve greater outcomes from day one.
We help companies manage, grow, and transform their supply chain operations. Our services include service parts logistics, inbound logistics, finished goods distribution, inventory optimization and transformation management.
Neovia was founded in 1987 as Caterpillar Logistics Services to provide logistics support to Caterpillar International and its partner companies in construction, mining, automotive, energy and other industries. This experience gives us a unique perspective that translates into stronger partnerships with our customers and a deeper understanding of their business. Our approach to logistics is grounded in operational excellence and continuous improvement, tested and enhanced in partnership with some of the world’s leading companies in the sectors we serve.
In 2012, we became a standalone company, taking on the Neovia name to signify a new path, while remaining true to our heritage and experience. We are proud to have some of the longest relationships in the industry, averaging 14 years with our ten largest customers.
View the full profile