Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
As a Patient Support Center Representative, you will be responsible for acting as a patient advocate to help resolve patient issues pertaining to claims, benefit referrals, physicians and access. You will also be responsible for managing high volume of inbound calls, enter patient information into information systems, and resolve caller’s issues with outstanding customer service skills. In addition, serve as a liaison between the patient and other departments and Optum sites.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Multi-task utilizing double monitors for data entry, phone etiquette, and use of resources while maintaining proper guidelines.
- Provides services to internal and external customers involving the exchange of complex and sensitive information while acting as patient advocate.
- Assists other Patient Support Center Representatives and Supervisors with daily paperwork load as needed to resolve and/or document patient issues.
- Recognizes financial, medical and legal risks based on data collected during customer interactions and follows appropriate procedures.
- Meet department goals which include but not limited to call volume, accuracy, quality, and attendance.
- Utilizes Optum systems to resolve customer needs such as appointments, authorizations, claims, invoices, eligibility, benefits, appeals, TARs.
- Translates oral information into concise and accurate written documentation per guidelines.
- Assists new or potential members in the choice of PCP and supplies general information about medical group.
- Pages clinicians and assists Telehealth Nurses as necessary (e.g., arranging DME, transportation and HH).
- Data enters PCP changes into the system and processes paperwork as necessary.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- 2+ years working in a customer service-based role
- Must pass Patient Support Center screening test
- Ability to demonstrate strong proficiency using MS Suite and other systems
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- 1+ year working in a healthcare setting
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $23.51. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.