Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Primary Objective: Directs and controls warehouse activities to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing finished goods inventories.
Major Functions and Scope:
- Oversees all inbound and outbound activities during a shift.
- Directs supervisors and leads involved in any of the following: shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, picking and packing.
- Plans and schedules department functions to ensure the prompt and accurate delivery and receipt of finished goods inventory.
- Monitors processes and continually looks for ways to enhance quality and productivity.
- Partners with other members of the management team to provide direction and guidance to employees.
- Ensures employees meet all established standards for productivity, accuracy, equipment maintenance, housekeeping and safety.
- Evaluates selection of new employees in hiring process.
- Coaches, trains, motivates and reviews performance of direct reports.
- Ensures safe and healthful working conditions and an organized work environment.
Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent experience. Ability to read and write English. Basic computer literacy. Working knowledge of all warehouse, distribution, transportation and logistics related functions.
- 4 or more years logistics/distribution experience with at least 2 years previous management or supervisory experience.
- Core competencies include strong communication and leadership skills, problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Ability to train, motivate and coach employees. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Must be proficient in MS Excel. Must possess excellent planning, administrative, and organizational skills. Must be forklift certified.
- Total Reports Direct 2 – 5 Indirect 40 – 100
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.