A company we are partnered with, who is a world wide leader in Automated Material Handling Systems, has an immediate need for a Mechanical Technician who's primary responsibilities will be designing, installing and commissioning automated material conveyors for different libraries across the Queens, NY area.
This Mechanical Technician will be performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and site service for the 75 installs they have throughout New York at various libraries. They will be also be servicing the installs at each site and working directly with the customers.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required or 5 plus years of mechanical background experience.
* Need to be fine with traveling from work site to work site, handling customer interaction, and addressing any issues that may arise with any of the systems.
* Must have experience working with hand tools and be OK with hands on mechanical work.
* Must be fine with working overtime, which is why they will be paid an hourly rate while also being a full time employee.
* Experience with AutoCAD a plus.
* Experience/exposure to PLC`s is a plus.
* Electrical experience is also a plus.
This person will be working with no direct manager on-site so being trustworthy, reliable and having strong initiative is an absolute must.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply or email [ Link removed ] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.