To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Olgoonik • San Diego, CA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Directly controls all operational departments. Interfaces with all functional elements to establish and modify processes, anticipate or solve problems and determine internal customer needs.
- Work independently in implementing sound personnel and operational management policies and procedures to ensure successful accomplishment of the operational control and planning systems.
- Follow established priorities for scheduling.
- Interface and coordinate with all elements of the organization to have a full and complete understanding of the real time capabilities which impact mission execution.
- Work semi-independently implementing sound personnel management policies and procedures to ensure successful accomplishment of the depot mission.
- Strive to ensure that all operational goals, objectives, and production requirements are met.
- Manage and supervise employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Train subordinate leaders; appraise performance; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Ensure that the responsibilities of authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Promote effective two-way communications throughout the business operation.
- In the absence of Program/Site Manager, represent Distribution Center to Host Commander.
- Initiate changes designed to improve control and efficiency of transportation and production control processes and operations.
- Serve as a key member of the Team Olgoonik quality effort. Share ideas and issues as a member of cross-functional team(s) assigned to improve standards and performance across the operation.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested.
Implements employee incentives and mentors/trains employees.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Business Management (required).
- Secret Clearance (required).
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) experience (required).
- Must have experience in Department of Defense (DOD) operational environment (required).
- Five years of Distribution Management experience (required).
- Must have five years’ progressive management experience in distribution operations and as a Supply Officer and/or Officer ranking (required).
- In addition to general experience, three years’ specific experience in management of a distribution, supply, and industrial or transportation operation involved in receipt, transportation, storage, repair and issue of stores in stock.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be articulate, creative, a problem solver, a decision maker, and a change agent.
- Must have excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail.
- Must have knowledge of procedures involving storage of Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) and/or radioactive material and be familiar with sensitive and controlled item storage.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment. Some travel both domestically and internationally required based on business demands.